NEW inTech Luna - What do you think?

MrOffshore

Observer
OK, I know this isn't an expedition style trailer, but I love getting the feedback from you guys. We appreciate everything you've told us regarding our Flyer line of adventure trailers...so here's what we have been working on for the past year:

It's called Luna...it's a small teardrop trailer with a few twists. First, it's built utilizing an all-aluminum, all-tube, fully welded cage frame (just like the Flyers). Second it doesn't feel small inside (just like the Flyers). Third, it has the absolute best view you could EVER ask for when you're camping. Finally, it has a kitchen that Wolfgang Puck would be jealous of...so what is Luna...check it out!

Luna.jpg

We are currently building the first three units which will be unveiled next month during the Elkhart RV Open House (dealer only event)...more information will be shared as it becomes available. So...what to you guys think...and remember, we know this one isn't built for off-road adventures, so let's pretend you have to have a civilized street camper!

SWITAWI

Doesn't Get Out Enough
Pretty snazzy! What's the planned height/length? Any provisions for protecting that front window from road debris?

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Hurry and you'll shut down Airstreams attempt to get younger buyers into their brand. They have a fiberglass egg thing similar type of look in development. But knowing them they'll kill it with a stupid high price.

California

MrOffshore, when is this product due to actually be available. It is currently, "next month", and we haven't heard any more? Also, pictures are worth thousands of words, if you know what I mean, and I think you do! Just spent a great deal of time climbing around in a Max Flyer, it's currently the top of my list!

California, that's my road name because I lived there for 56 years, before becoming a Texan, I'm still wondering why i waited so long.

MrOffshore

Observer
Pretty snazzy! What's the planned height/length? Any provisions for protecting that front window from road debris?

Sorry for the REALLY late reply. The weight fully loaded is 1800# with 180# tongue weight. The unit is 79-1/4" tall and 15' 5" overall length. The sleeping area is 69" wide X 83" long...there are two futon bed style mattresses that can be extended the full 83" length and be folded to a seat that has a backrest with a built-in cup holder. We are developing a windshield cover, BUT is a three ply tempered glass that is not prone to break and with position of the window in relation to the tow vehicle, it would be very difficult for it to catch any flying debris from the tow vehicle. The windshield angles forward and is a bit higher than you might imagine, making it less susceptible to stone hits.

MrOffshore

Observer
Yeah but I bet with that much glass and huge skylight it's a heater box...:)
Kevin

No skylight, but the front windshield is large...there's a pull down shade the provides some protection from the sun. The trailer has an optional 10,500 BTU A/C with a heat pump (wall mounted thermostat)...that's VERY efficient in the small space. It feels VERY large inside compared to the typical teardrop trailer. The A/C is the Dometic Cool Cat, it's not a window unit like you see in most teardrop trailers...so it's much more efficient and being used in an environment like it's supposed to be used. The small window units are crammed into poorly ventilated boxes so you don't see them from the outside...they overheat and they're not designed to be bouncing down the road like a purpose built RV A/C. They work very hard to cool the trailer and usually wear out very quickly...good luck finding the exact size replacement to fit in the spot they built...bad idea. The trailer also has the optional MaxxAir roof vent that is set up to exhaust is intake air...it's on a thermostat and works in the rain with its unique cover. It also comes with a hands-free controller.

MrOffshore

Observer
Wheels set way to far in rear. Full size pick up to pull little trailer. MHO

180# of tongue weight...it's very well balanced with the fully loaded weight of 1800#...we've got some pretty good engineers that know what they're doing. We set it up so that we would be able to move the axles if needed during the prototyping stages, but our calculations were right on target. Most small, even large RV manufacturers use draftsmen to do their floor plan prints and have outside vendors build their frames...we have four degree'd engineers that work at inTech...they know their stuff!!

MrOffshore

Observer
Hurry and you'll shut down Airstreams attempt to get younger buyers into their brand. They have a fiberglass egg thing similar type of look in development. But knowing them they'll kill it with a stupid high price.

I've seen their Nest...interesting...but you are correct, they are expensive with everything they build. It's a great brand with a great reputation. I think we're focusing on doing our own thing...and we do it quite different from the others...our all-aluminum, fully welded cage frame is a dramatic step away from the typical RV...and we design, engineer and manufacture our own frames....something most RV manufactures don't do.

MrOffshore

Observer
MrOffshore, when is this product due to actually be available. It is currently, "next month", and we haven't heard any more? Also, pictures are worth thousands of words, if you know what I mean, and I think you do! Just spent a great deal of time climbing around in a Max Flyer, it's currently the top of my list!

California, that's my road name because I lived there for 56 years, before becoming a Texan, I'm still wondering why i waited so long.

Check out Facebook page for inTech RV and our website at www.intechrv.com for a the most pictures. We will be in full production in about 3-4 weeks, we've built three prototypes that are almost exactly what we're going to be building with a few small changes. We are waiting on some of the custom components (ie, windshield, plastic fenders, bumpers, etc). As soon as they arrive we're building. I have one in sitting in Round Rock, TX at Princess Craft, you can reach them at 800-338-7123. There are also quite a few walk-thru videos on YouTube...do a search for inTech Luna. Thanks!!

Driftwood (2).JPG

IMG_8746.JPG

IMG_8755.JPG

IMG_8776.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles