2012 Ford F-550 4x4 Diesel Bus, West Virginia, Auction

Mania Toad

Adventurer
s-l500.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232453499678?forcerRptr=true&item=232453499678&viewitem=

the way the passenger side door has been turned into a window, looks cool, however it looks like it has crap visibility out that side,

cmorin

How difficult do you suppose it would be to replace the front seat with a new driver/ console/ passenger seat from a donor f series? Looks like you would have to rip up some of the initial work that made it a bus...

PhillySMB

Be careful: this may not be 4x4. There are bus companies that take the 4x4 chassis and turn it into a front wheel drive only in order to get a low body/floor height in the back. At first glance it looks 4x4, but is really FWD.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I rode in a nice 550 fancy executive bus last week. I asked the driver why gas and not diesel. He laughed said he got that question all the time. He said they had 4 gassers and two Diesels. He said both Diesels are in the shop for any number of mechanical issues every few weeks. The 2014 we were in had 210,000 miles and he said its only gone in for basic service stuff. Nice truck. Our Disney week the local bus company supporting our hotel had a brand new fleet of three good looking International diesel monsters. Day three all three were broke down. A old you guessed it gasser 550 shows up joking with the driver I asked what the mileage was on the trusty back up bus. 368,000 miles.

I do think there is some teething problems in the 2010-15yrs when makers were behind the curve in diesel engine development.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior