Eclipse photo's

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Great photos and videos here. Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed them. Fred and Dana Ramsey, very nicely done. We (team E7T, my wife and I) were in western Idaho with friends for it, in tiny Midvale ID, population 200 (here's a map). What a fantastic experience it was! I got a few pictures with my 15-year old Canon Digital Rebel and 28-200 lens. I posted seven pictures in another Expo eclipse thread. Here are two of the ones I liked best.

Thank you very much!!

And your photos are superb!!

parkkitchings

Adventurer
Not mine. Guy took it at Smith Rock State Park just outside of Bend. Lot of climbing and work went into setting this up. Best shot I've seen anywhere of the eclipse.

photographer-ted-hesser-viral-eclipse-photo-of-the-century-1200x0.jpg

Rotorgeek

Adventurer
From up in the Bridge-Teton NF

20170821-101853-Edit.jpg by Dustin, on Flickr

I really wanted to do something with multiple shots like that. Unfortunately, my cheap *** tripod had other ideas for the 2nd 1/2. Well, now I have a new tripod AND an excuse to go to another eclipse. ;)
P.S. We were in the Shoshone NF just outside the Tetons. Check your photos closely. At about 30% there was a transit of the ISS across the sun that was visible for our neighborhood. I did not get it.

9vEhpgn.jpg

rcharrette

Adventurer
@rotorgeek, I'm right there with you. I had a cheaper tripod and spend half of my time trying to get lined up! It was incredibly frustrating and not something that I thought would be a problem. My new Manfrotto tripod just arrived 2 days ago :)

outback97

Adventurer
Some amazing photos! I love Kerensky97's. I knew there would be great ones out there so I didn't even really try to photograph the eclipse itself. It was incredible experiencing it.

What I did do was point a camera west to get the darkness approaching. This could probably stand some editing down but I can't seem to embed it with the start time further along than the beginning. Totality was from about 3:15 to 5:40.

Last edited:

OtterHome

Here's my shot of the "Diamond Ring". Shot in the path of totality on a farm South of Portland, OR. What a fantastic experience!

Attachments

• IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 4

Retired Tanker

Explorer
Some amazing photos! I love Kerensky97's. I knew there would be great ones out there so I didn't even really try to photograph the eclipse itself. It was incredible experiencing it.

What I did do was point a camera west to get the darkness approaching. This could probably stand some editing down but I can't seem to embed it with the start time further along than the beginning. Totality was from about 3:15 to 5:40.

That was a great shot! I don't think I've seen anything like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eclipse 2017 - near Arminto, WY

No hordes, no problem, high ridge all to myself...except for a few Pronghorns. Eclipse shots with Nikon D500, 200-500mm zoom w/1.4 extender..

Was just about in the center of the path of totality through that area.

_DSC2054.jpg

Corona Last Shot.jpg

_DSC1978.jpg

IMG_4346.jpg

_DSC2002.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles