front runner ladder- lr4

Munky

i just received and installed a front runner ladder and had a hell of a time with fitment. After i got it installed, the light housing does not sit flush on the drivers side. Has anyone had a similar issue or have any suggestions? the ladder is sturdy as can be, but the fitmet has me worried about water.

jkatka

I got mine 3~4 days ago and installed it on my LR3. I had a similar concern but when tightening it down it snugged up to the rear and the top of the ladder needed a bit of adjusting.

Jeremy

NYCRover

Observer
My Ladder doesn't sit flush there either no matter how hard I tried and i have about a 1/4in gap at the top of the housing closer to the driver side. I'm actually headed to Front Runner HQ tomorrow (picking up a drawer system) and I'll see what they have to say about it.

My Ladder doesn't sit flush there either no matter how hard I tried and i have about a 1/4in gap at the top of the housing closer to the driver side. I'm actually headed to Front Runner HQ tomorrow (picking up a drawer system) and I'll see what they have to say about it.

If you don't mind, ask them about the corrosion on the corners of the racks too! I'll be paying them a visit in a few weeks with the expectation they will have four shiney new ones waiting for me to pull in the parking lot! :wings:

NYCRover

Observer
If you don't mind, ask them about the corrosion on the corners of the racks too! I'll be paying them a visit in a few weeks with the expectation they will have four shiney new ones waiting for me to pull in the parking lot! :wings:

Yeah- will do. Was planning on asking them about the small spots of corrosion on my ladder as well.

NYCRover

Observer
so- no joy on ladder. seems like the person i talked to didn't know too much about ladder fitment being an issue at all and suggested I try bending the ladder. I think I might email CS with a picture of the fitment issue and see if I get a different response.

As for the rack corners- unlike the rest of the rack, which is aluminum, I was told that the corner caps are cast and they really haven't had problems aside from maybe people who live in an excessively salty environment. He did mention that there might be a new solution coming out over the coming months.

so- no joy on ladder. seems like the person i talked to didn't know too much about ladder fitment being an issue at all and suggested I try bending the ladder. I think I might email CS with a picture of the fitment issue and see if I get a different response.

As for the rack corners- unlike the rest of the rack, which is aluminum, I was told that the corner caps are cast and they really haven't had problems aside from maybe people who live in an excessively salty environment. He did mention that there might be a new solution coming out over the coming months.

Rajah. Thanks for asking. I know AJM in Scotland had the same problem. Mine or flaking miserably which is expected from a steel rack but not aluminum unless its junk pot cast which it appears to be.

I'll ask them and see if I can get a new set on my way to NorCal soon.

Cheers again,

E

joshasbury

I have the same issue and concern. Let us know what you discover -- if anything.

jkatka

I went to the Portland ABFM today and there were 3 LR3's with FR ladders. all three had the left base of the ladder pulled away from the body work. I did not get a chance to talk with the owners but it confirmed what I thought. The ladder was not designed to be flush with the back door.

I sent an email with pics to the customer service site front runner lists. No response.

I've emailed a representative I used a while back when I ordered my rack. As soon as I confirm it is still an accurate email address for him, I will address these issues with him directly.

Ladder fitment and rack corner corrosion.

Maybe I'll get lucky and get a response. I will keep you posted.

no-pistons

Adventurer
Post some pics here. I was actually thinking of getting one but would like to see what you guys are talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne