Gear41's Gen 3 Montero Build

gear41

Haven't been getting out lately due to work, but have been meaning to post some photos and an update from Labor Day weekend. My family was in town and we went down to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and did Medano Pass while in the area, a pretty fun trail with 9 shallow water crossings.

hiYXyNl.jpg

c2yuTVg.jpg

uKj5FAD.jpg

JQUDs9Q.jpg

8s6CEjN.jpg

Later on this same weekend the Montero lost acceleration driving up into the mountains and then completely lost all acceleration when getting off the interstate at the closest exit. No overheating or check engine light. Started up and ran fine after 5 minutes. Took it to the shop, and they couldn't find any issues, but said it might be the crank shaft sensor. Keeping a close eye on it for now. Anyone experienced something similar with their Montero?

Last edited:

Swank Force One

Adventurer
Yep, seems to be "the new thing" for these things to do in the last couple months. Been quite a few threads on it.

My first go around, replacing MAF fixed it. More recently, my fuel pump has died. It may have been fuel pump both times and just coincidence that it ran fine again after i swapped the MAF. Hard to tell, because the truck refuses to throw codes.

My wife is currently driving my horribly abused and neglected Gen2 that refuses to break while her pampered and gorgeous Gen3 waits for parts. Again.

gear41

Thought I'd post an update of my first camping trip of the year from last weekend. Was a great time exploring a bunch of of Forest Service Roads, getting stick in a mud pit, and cooking some good food.

Wl1TUfd.jpg

Climbed up a small hill with some beautiful views of snowcapped Rockies.

j7gLFAF.jpg

Views from the passenger seat on a more tame part of the trail.

8ofISRw.jpg

Campsite for the night.

Letting a buddy give it a go through the mud. I ended up getting stuck when trying a drive a bit more to the right, but was able to get out after a few tries.

Jmc5pAr.jpg

Last edited:

haolepinoy

Incomplete Idiot
Good to see your NP back. Did you figure out your issue from last fall. Did it turn out to be the Cam Sensor?

gear41

Are you on the RMMM (Rocky Mountain Mitsubishi Monteros) facebook group? If not, you should be!
I hadn't heard of it, but will definitely take a look, thanks!

Good to see your NP back. Did you figure out your issue from last fall. Did it turn out to be the Cam Sensor?
Still up in the air of what the actual issue was. Thankfully it has only happened that one time, and I haven't experienced any sort of issues since then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles