Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blue Bird for gravel travel, sleeps 8

Took off the pretty chrome mirrors and put the ugly stock ones on. Gained heated glass and better visibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the Planar heater in the start of a kitchen cupboard base over drivers steer tire, hooked up fuel and 12v, need to extend it's exhaust and build the rest of the cupboard around it.

This pic shows ground clearance for the axle and apu. As it's right under the drivers seat it should be easy to 'feel' where it is while driving.

We've run the Planar for a couple nights to test it. Coldest we've had is -10c overnight, held an uninsulated bus at 20c without running flat out. Still working on a cupboard to enclose it and the stove top. No word on the main harness for the APU so I'll have to make one. The motor wiring is simple, would be nicer to just plug it in and be done.

This weekend: sprayed foam under the bus, hooked up Planar heater, installed reflectors, made some interior improvements, pulled out the temporary kitchen for a final build, robbed a gas range and matching sink from an old hippie wagon, replaced the washer pump.
    Heater runs great, 26,000 btu holds the bus at 18-20c on low, cycled up to medium when the door is opened, no issues.

With the APU and the planar, you won't be lacking for heat, but with the Sask winters...
    95 K2500 GMC Suburban 12 Valve Cummins
    2006 Dodge 2500 Cummins
    2001 Freightliner FL60 Crew Cab 3216 CAT Allison 6 speed
    Quads, Isuzu Vehicross (s), Rodeos, etc.

Sold: Northern Lite 10-200

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123