2014 Schutt Industries Xventure XV-2 Adventure Trailer

dcarlin

Expo,

Assisting friend with sale... Asking $9500 OBO

Up for sale is a 2014 Schutt Industries XVENTURE XV-2 overland/expedition trailer I recently acquired as part of a package deal with my current rig. Having had the opportunity to tow it around town several times, I fully understand why people love these particular units as it handles excellent, tracks true, and is barely noticeable behind my LR3. Unfortunately, family and work life will prevent me from putting it to good use and we are not in a position to store it in the meantime. At the time of my purchase I had several questions related to the XV-2 package and associated accessories so I contacted Schutt Industries directly and provided them with all of the relevant information. Per their current XVENTURE line representative, the unit is an early 2014 XV-2 base model, which means that the now standard full-width tongue storage box, electrical control center, and Line-X (fenders and tub) were not part of the as-purchased configuration. It does have the telescoping rack system, fully articulating hitch assembly, internally routed electrical wiring package, LED reverse/area lighting, electric brakes, and has been outfitted with 5x120 hubs, LR3 Rims, and Cooper AT3 tires in XX/XXrXX.

While I am certainly not an expert regarding expedition-ready trailers, I have performed a thorough inspection of all components and the issues I’ve noted are as follows:
- Previous owner (presumably) clipped a rock or other object, resulting in minor damage to the rear corner of the rack, the rear fender corner, as well as breaking one of the LED side marker lights. The damage does not appear to be structurally significant but did result is some gouges in the aluminum as well as loss of powder-coating.
- The tub, fenders, and general exterior show signs of responsible use but this unit was definitely not a garage queen. None of the observed scuffs, scrapes, or scratches are structurally relevant and the aluminum body and Alcoa Huck-bolt construction make both fatigue and rust non-issues.
- Some of the powder-coating applied to the tongue-box has delaminated and is peeling. In my experience, this is likely due to inadequate surface prep, however it has no impact on performance or longevity.
Included with my original purchase were an ARB Simpson rooftop tent, annex, and retractable awning, all of which will require some degree of cleaning and deodorization due to prolonged storage. This was a point of contention at the time I took delivery of the overall package so I want to be as transparent as possible in regards to their condition and the effort/expense expected to get them into camp-ready condition. Inclusion of the ARB components in a potential purchase would be contingent upon a buyer-inspection and on an as-is basis. The proposed asking price of $9500(USD) excludes these items.

For additional information related to the technical specifications or model-specific attributes of this unit, I would suggest referencing the Schutt Industries website at the link below. For questions regarding the condition or other aspects of this particular unit, shoot me an email at antonsdsu@yahoo.com and I will do my best to provide whatever additional information and/or photos you need.
http://www.schuttindustries.com/consumer.aspx

Note: Trailer is being stored in Carlsbad, CA. If seriously interested, showing can be arranged in that area. Thank You.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 514
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 560
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    548.4 KB · Views: 705
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 536
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 599
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    548.1 KB · Views: 573
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 726
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 561
  • 6a.jpg
    6a.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 643

dcarlin

Updated Listing

Trailer is still available and seller is open to reasonable offers. $8750 OBO A new addition to the family has made it difficult to respond to email inquiries so apologies for any neglected responses.

Additional info requests or offers can be sent to antonsdsu@yahoo.com

dcarlin

Buyer fell through... still available

As stated in title, a previously negotiated purchase fell through last minute so this ************ trailer is still available. Pick it up now just in time for desert season.

Seller is asking $8750, OBO.

dcarlin

Expo,

Received a question regarding tire size (previously posted) as well as axle clearance, but to close loop on response, the trailer sits on LR# factory wheel with Cooper AT3s in 265/70r18. Axle clearance completely dependent on tire size but sits as shown.

Seller would really like to clear out the garage by Christmas. Asking $8750 or best offer. This is a great setup that will go anywhere. Send any questions or offers to seller directly at antonsdsu@yahoo.com or message me and I'll try to coordinate remotely.

Thanks,

Dave

cooper at3.jpg

Attachments

• axle clear.jpg
    axle clear.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:

dcarlin

it looks pretty beat up , was it stored outside?
Chisx, we really only have history on it since last fall as it was part of a package deal. Per dealer, it was a one owner rig that saw a good deal of backcountry use. At some point, previous owner appears to have clipped a rock or similar, hence minor damage to fender & rack (see pics). Since purchase it has been garaged and had seen only highway travel. Structurally sound and obviously rust is not a concern. If you need specific pics or have other questions, reach out to the owner at antonsdsu@yahoo.com. It’s a ************ starting point for a build and would be in my driveway if I weren’t starting a slide-in build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles