SX4 Trail Ready Paragliding Expedition Vehicle

Y23876

Also how does your hatch function now? Are you having any issues opening it with the tire mounted like that?

2180miles

Endurance Adventuring
This is pretty awesome to watch. Well done finding things that need upgrading and making it work!

3-dogs

I gotta ask, I'm looking at getting one of these possibly, but with all the mods how is the gas mileage doing? By the way, this little car is sweet!

josh_sx4

Observer
I gotta ask, I'm looking at getting one of these possibly, but with all the mods how is the gas mileage doing? By the way, this little car is sweet!

Thanks for your comment!

Gas mileage is about 26-28 staying around 70mph. Its very important to keep a low profile roof rack or no roof rack at all. A roof rack will cause a bigger decrease in mpg than the larger tires. For the way I drive and the roads I drive on, there isn't one mod I would leave out. The only mod I haven't really used is the front LED offroad lights and some of the tow points, but those mods were just for funzies anyway.

josh_sx4

Observer
Also how does your hatch function now? Are you having any issues opening it with the tire mounted like that?

Hatch works great. I had to use some high powered shocks to help the hatch lift up. I love the Tire Hatch upgrade. Now issues so far. One of the best mods, as I can keep a full size spare on the back and have extra storage on the inside.

josh_sx4

Observer
Day 23

Touch Screen upgrade

This last week, I installed a touch screen. I'm not a big fan of touch screens and the old style radio works just fine for me... but with the full size tire now covering 20% of the back window, I figured a back up camera would be a nice feature. I also love the bluetooth connection.

Last edited:

josh_sx4

Observer
Day 24

Offroad Lights

I finished the offroad lights and switch as well. I wanted something practical and also wanted to keep the nose aerodynamic. I found these LED offroad lights on ebay for $16 and a switch and harness for another $15

2x 6inch 18W Spot LED Offroad Light.

My wife says my trail rig now has buck teeth.. I thought it was a nice addition.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles