Colorado 2017 in a 4Runner and a Renegade

Elk

Observer
He likes to think it can go anywhere because it says Jeep on it, but a stock Renegade with worn street tires will only go so far.

Attitude really is half of the battle. I did Hundreds in the Hills 7 this past July and was descending Imogene only to be passed uphill by a local in a clapped out 90's F-150 flare side. It was two wheel drive and had bald tires. It was magenta. And he had no issues tearing that truck uphill with no regards for its well being.

keylay

Adventurer
Nice! Saw a post on Texas Overland about if anyone was in the area to help with the Jeep. Sure enough, my brother was just in that area maybe 1/2 hour before you guys. Small world for sure.

Caretaker

Caretaker
Great Report! Also, where did you get those American flag decals that are on your rear side windows? Those are sick.

TexasIsHome

Nice! Saw a post on Texas Overland about if anyone was in the area to help with the Jeep. Sure enough, my brother was just in that area maybe 1/2 hour before you guys. Small world for sure.
Yea, I actually met a couple of the TO guys at a gas station passing through Silverton. Good people.

Great Report! Also, where did you get those American flag decals that are on your rear side windows? Those are sick.

Thanks, they are from Overlook Graphics, it's just a large rectangle that was cut to fit the shape of my windshield. They're cheap enough, but I'd probably have a local tint/graphic shop make one out of high quality material.

Right now I am planning a trip for my wife and I to drive from Fort Worth, TX up to Banff, Alberta, Canada hopefully next year.

vectorsc

Adventurer
If you have a modern 4 runner the only thing you really need for CO is tires that a rock resistant. You hit a hatchet field and get 4 flats and its great. Saw that happen to a Range Rover driving coworker. He even had the most serious tires he could find for that thing.

TexasIsHome

The Renegade now has KO2s.

index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles