$1995 for Rhino Liner???

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
I drove over to a local shop that sprays Rhino Liner for an estimate. All I want sprayed are the fender flares, about a 12" strip along the bottom between the flares and the rear bumper. I was told it would cost $1995 and take 3 days to complete.

Next stop was to Line-X, however I didn't realize they're closed on the weekends. I'm very curious to get an estimate from them to compare.

$1995 + 3 days seems way too much and too long to me. Is this a fair price?

* * * Update 9-5-08 * * *

I went to a local Line-X and got an estimate of no more then $800, less if I remove my rear bumper.

Last edited:

motomech

Adventurer
I would get some more estimates seems a bit high for me...I was told 2k to shoot the entire pick-up with rhino liner

opie

Explorer
I was quoted $700 to do 12" up from the bottom on the sides, the door sills and the wheel wheels from Line-X.

Even that seems a bit much since I got the entire bed done for $425.

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
Yea, I think the Rhino Liner dude is sniffing his product...2000 dollars is way over priced. Definitely shop around.

madizell

Explorer
The price for the outside of the vehicle as opposed to inside a PU bed may have to do with prep time and the need to shoot very carefully. Otherwise it is going to look crappy. I would think $1,995 far too high no matter what, but would not be surprised to see a price about the same as shooting a truck bed, or just a bit more due to more labor involved. Perhaps you could get the price down by doing your own prep work.

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
I may swing by a couple of autobody and paint shops to get quotes on painting these areas flat black instead of Line x or Rhino. I wonder if paint will be any cheaper.

2K54X4

Adventurer
I know of a few people (myself soon) that have used Herculiner on their fender flares and rockers. Under $200 and it is very strong. You just have to do it all yourself.

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Yeah the guy is on something. 2k should get the under side inside and probally the entire outside done lol. LINEX is the best stay away from Rino. EWspec in the southwest, rino's UV stability is perdy much non-existant lol..

opie

Explorer
highlandercj-7 said:
Yeah the guy is on something. 2k should get the under side inside and probally the entire outside done lol. LINEX is the best stay away from Rino. EWspec in the southwest, rino's UV stability is perdy much non-existant lol..

DOnt want to get into a big discussion...but it only fades. (the Rhino) It doesnt effect the durability of the liner itself. Mine is going on 3 years with a fair amount of abuse and no problems. In fact it hasnt really faded that much.

Terracoma

Adventurer
Any autobody shop worth their weight in salt should be able to spray you a black, chip-resistant strip of paint on the areas you've indicated.

However, it won't be as durable as the bedliner, not by a long-shot.

I've been given the recommendation of using tire shine or a gloss black spray paint to keep the bedliner material shiny....... If you're into glossy, shiny stuff, I suppose.

:peepwall:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Way too much IMO. I've had Land Cruisers done, my current FJ40 is lined 100% underneath, the entire inside of the tub to ~1/2 up the firewall, the tailgate inner, both carriers and my rockers. $1500

I had the bottom, inside and bottom ~6" of my Tacoma bed done recently, ~$600 for a very clean job.

offroad_nomad

Adventurer
I'm mainly considering this because of the looks once I get my black rims. So whether I go with Rhino/LineX or paint will boil down to $$$.

I've read a number of posts here and elsewhere of folks using herculiner with mixed results. But it appears, like any job, it comes down to doing a good prep job first.

toyfunraider

Observer
Ask the body shop about the product that the germans use on the rockers of BMW's. It has a texture and remains somewhat soft as well as takes paint. $2000 grand, he's high

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94