[Video] Exploring French Alps with a diesel Jeep Wrangler JK

Yvan06

Hi Guys,

My name is Yvan, I'm 26 and currently living in Nice, France.
I did not found any presentation section in this forum. So if there is one, please let me know.
Also, English is not my Mother Tongue, so if I make any mistakes please correct me so that I can improve !

Today I'd like to share with you a trip I made with my girlfriend last year.
The setup was a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 2.8 CRD with manual transmission, a Front Runner roof rack and a Front Runner roof top tent. The car has since been modified with a front bumper, a winch, a 40L Waeco fridge and an interior custom made storage rack. The goal was to test our setup for on night and see what we missed, or what wasn't useful.

So, on a summer day, my girlfriend and I took the Jeep and drove 1.5 hour up North of Nice to a village called Gréolières. We then turned on a small trail used to remove cut wood from the forest and drove in direction of Gréolières-les-neiges which is a ski station attached the village. The drive by the road usually takes 20 minutes while the trail took us 1 hour without the ability to continue all the way up because it was closed further up for no apparent reason. It was still a really good day and night because we were able to set up the roof top tent and sleep in the forest.
The afternoon was pretty calm and we only saw a deer but unfortunately couldn't film it. During the night, a wild board came up and turned around the car several times, while scratching the ground, searching for food.

Anyway, here's the video we maid about this trip. Feel free to let us know what you think about it.

More videos will be uploaded soon about our 10 days trip in Corsica we did this summer.

Cheers from Nice,
Yvan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles