SOLD: AT Flippac for Shortbed Tacoma, in San Diego

NeonHeights

I could drop it onto a pallet and package it up for shipping if you like. You could arrange shipping to where you like and have the shipping company come pick it up. I can do a walk around video and we can chat about the condition of the flippac. let me know.

Mark.

Do you have a rough idea of what shipping might run me for it? I know Flippacs are fairly heavy. The dynamics of how I would pay you vs. receive the cap would be a bit fuzzy as well

MTBMark

Observer
What are the dimensions for bed size it fits? I have 2003 Tacoma DCSB, but I know beds on the newer DCSB are a bit different size. Do you know if it fits the 1st Gen DCSB as well?

Unfortunately I don't know for sure. A quick search makes it sound like the bed on your truck would be slightly larger than the tacoma it came off. The lip on the flippac is quite wide so there is some room for error. If you are interested I can take some measurements off the flippac so you can compare it to the bed of your truck.

MTBMark

Observer
Do you have a rough idea of what shipping might run me for it? I know Flippacs are fairly heavy. The dynamics of how I would pay you vs. receive the cap would be a bit fuzzy as well

Really not sure what shipping might run. I believe it weighs about 350-400lbs. Just figured I would toss the idea out there. I know it has it own set of logistical challenges that would need to be sorted.

digitalferg

Adventurer
Unfortunately I don't know for sure. A quick search makes it sound like the bed on your truck would be slightly larger than the tacoma it came off. The lip on the flippac is quite wide so there is some room for error. If you are interested I can take some measurements off the flippac so you can compare it to the bed of your truck.
Ya man. Def like to know the dimensions if you could get them.

Sandcoma

Would you mind taking measurements and sending them to me? Wanting to make sure it will fit a 3rd gen. And are you willing to ship if buyer pays shipping costs? Measurements i would need would just be corner to corner from cab to tailgate and corner to corner width wise both front and back. Thanks!

MTBMark

Observer
Ok, here are the measurements:

The area where the Flippac meets the bed of the truck is flat and then on the inside edge is a lip that hangs down into the bed of the truck buy about 1 inch.

Side to Side:
External Width - 64"
Minimum Internal Width for bed - 53"

Front to Back:
External Length - 63"
Minimum Internal Length for bed - 61" (Outside of Tailgate to Inside edge of bed nearest Cab of truck)

So keep in mind, this is not designed for a specific truck. It's not form fitted like a Snugtop shell or something along those lines. For instance, on my Tacoma, the outside edge of the bed actually tapers the closer you get to the tailgate. The Flippac does not follow that line on the truck. But the wide side flange of the flippac accommodates it.

Let me know if anyone has any questions on the measurements.

NeonHeights

Price dropped to $3900.

I will keep you updated if anything changes on my end and im able to make the drive for whatever reason. I've essentially got cash in hand and am serious about buying, I just want to avoid the whole process of shipping a 400lb bulky object cross-country if can be. I would make the drive but have serious commitments to work right now monday through thursday. If anything changes on your end too please let me know. I know the chances are slim but just wanted to put it out there as I've been in the market for a Flippac for a while and its tough to find one in decent condition let alone one that'll fit a short-bed 2nd gen Taco.

- Josh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke