Cooling/heating Vest, Suit etc. Another words... Personal AC or heat

Coachgeo

Explorer
For air blowing vest ideas apparently they sell fans for hot costumes you can purchase. Hint I got was to search for "Costume Fans" or "Mascot Fans"

Coachgeo

Explorer
Interesting potential source for this kind of project (vest etc) is "Solar Heater Mat For Above Ground Pools" they have tubes molded into them already. hmmmm

Coachgeo

Explorer
Made the Plunge today. Found a full cooling attire that is fire resistant for a fare price on Fleabay and purchased. Apparently this suit originally was part of a bomb disposal outfit. ended up grabbing a second one for the future gorgeous model that will be my co-pilot. (wishful thinking right) . Also got two vest styles. Figured moving around in my Ambulance Box / Camper etc. a vest would be more usable. Any of them could be potentially used with my Motorcycle as well.

Not sure yet what I want to use for a Chillers. Most likely Aquarium coolers as suggested few of the post above.

Last edited:

Coachgeo

Explorer
Vest and suit arrived in mail. Each garment of full suit can be isolated. Example you can wear just the top. If suit was stored all looped together... You just unplug from pants and loop the hoses of pants to each other so it is one loop with coolant stored inside hoses. ... and on the top you would take the two lines you seperated from the pants and plug them into the enter and exit flow tubes from the chiller directly. Now just got to figure out how to connect and disconnect these medical tube connectors lol.

In search discovered all the connectors used in the coolant hoses sewn into each garment are available thru medical supply places.

Chiller will be here sometime middle next week. Got it used on craigslist from out of state. Seller ended up in my Families Place of Origin and I'm near where she use to live. Small world. Went with a 1/10 HP chiller to use with both Pilot and Co-Pilot suit all in same loop. Was much cheaper to go larger chiller to cool both pilots than it is to get two smaller chillers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles