Jeep Comanche Overland Camping Trailer Build

JandDGreens

Adventurer
Man that trailer tuned out great! I am building one out of a four door XJ body. do you have any concerns with the way yours is going to handle on the highway? it seems to be very light. I am worried about wind gusts and especially driving passed those semi-s coming from the other direction. Have you had it on the highway much? Looks very cool behind your XJ nice set-up!

sbscruggs

Adventurer
Man that trailer tuned out great! I am building one out of a four door XJ body. do you have any concerns with the way yours is going to handle on the highway? it seems to be very light. I am worried about wind gusts and especially driving passed those semi-s coming from the other direction. Have you had it on the highway much? Looks very cool behind your XJ nice set-up!

Thanks. Mine handles great going down the highway. Just make sure you keep more weight forward of the axle in your design as well as when loading. One thing I may consider doing is adding a sway bar of some sort for on road to help keep it from rocking back and forth when it goes over a large bump. It hasn't ever gotten squirrelly on me, but it would help keep the circulation through my knuckles flowing a little better whenever I come upon any large bumps in the roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94