Jeep Comanche Overland Camping Trailer Build

Nd4SpdSe

Adventurer, eh?
Custom tongue box came in. Got the full size spare sitting there, but not mounted yet.

Trailer is looking great! Where did you get the custom box made? I've thought about it for mine, but looking at the prices for buying one premade, I could only imagine custom ones being much more expensive.

sbscruggs

Adventurer
Trailer is looking great! Where did you get the custom box made? I've thought about it for mine, but looking at the prices for buying one premade, I could only imagine custom ones being much more expensive.

Yes, it was quite expensive. I think it was in the $600 range after shipping and taxes. The one I originally was going to order was around $350ish, but it was only 49" across the back and like 37" on the front. This one is 60" across back, about 45" across the front, 15" deep, 18" tall. I ordered it through worktrucksusa.com, but the custom boxes are made by customtoolboxes.com

sbscruggs

Adventurer
Getting ready to go spend a couple of nights in the Campmanche. #comanchetrailer #jeep #comanche #cherokee #overland #camper

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171102-202501~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20171102-202501~2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 32

tlin

Adventurer
This is really cool, thanks for investing the time to document your project.

Could that support an RTT on top? I'm assuming 'no'.....

Do you mind sharing approximately what you've spent to date?

Looks awesome - keep it up!

sbscruggs

Adventurer
This is really cool, thanks for investing the time to document your project.

Could that support an RTT on top? I'm assuming 'no'.....

Do you mind sharing approximately what you've spent to date?

Looks awesome - keep it up!

Thanks. I'm not sure if I would try a RTT without a little extra bracing. As far as my current investment, I'd probably say that there's about $3500 in it so far.

Xtreme XJ

Adventurer
NICE !! well done... just where is this trailer located... ;)

I've got a stalled LWB trailer build as well...
The looseness is why I went to XJ springs... I relocated the spring hangers to accommodate the shorter springs...

I'm glad you posted the build... sort of...

Keep posting... I think... :drool:

Curt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles