Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jeep Comanche Overland Camping Trailer Build

Quote Originally Posted by tlin View Post
    This is really cool, thanks for investing the time to document your project.

Could that support an RTT on top? I'm assuming 'no'.....

Do you mind sharing approximately what you've spent to date?

Looks awesome - keep it up!
    Thanks. I'm not sure if I would try a RTT without a little extra bracing. As far as my current investment, I'd probably say that there's about $3500 in it so far.

NICE !! well done... just where is this trailer located...

I've got a stalled LWB trailer build as well...
    The looseness is why I went to XJ springs... I relocated the spring hangers to accommodate the shorter springs...

I'm glad you posted the build... sort of...

Keep posting... I think...

Curt
    Curt

1996 XJ Some built some bought lock'd F&R...
    1974 CJ-5 sport'n a 350/Turbo 400 lock'd F&R...
    1971 Chevota sport'n a 412 S.B./700R-4 lock'd F&R...

Man that trailer tuned out great! I am building one out of a four door XJ body. do you have any concerns with the way yours is going to handle on the highway? it seems to be very light. I am worried about wind gusts and especially driving passed those semi-s coming from the other direction. Have you had it on the highway much? Looks very cool behind your XJ nice set-up!

Quote Originally Posted by JandDGreens View Post
    Man that trailer tuned out great! I am building one out of a four door XJ body. do you have any concerns with the way yours is going to handle on the highway? it seems to be very light. I am worried about wind gusts and especially driving passed those semi-s coming from the other direction. Have you had it on the highway much? Looks very cool behind your XJ nice set-up!
    Thanks. Mine handles great going down the highway. Just make sure you keep more weight forward of the axle in your design as well as when loading. One thing I may consider doing is adding a sway bar of some sort for on road to help keep it from rocking back and forth when it goes over a large bump. It hasn't ever gotten squirrelly on me, but it would help keep the circulation through my knuckles flowing a little better whenever I come upon any large bumps in the roads.

Nice Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by JandDGreens View Post
    Nice Thanks for your response.
    My pleasure

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345