OK4WD 3rd Gen Tacoma Build

prerunner221

Adventurer
This was my favorite rig at the event. Very nice, well thought out vehicle. I especially liked the front fender tubes. I have been looking to add them to my rig but can't figure out the best way to do it. I really liked the caps you used to mount the side tube to the bumper.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Sorry for the delay guys! As most of you know i have been running mad to finish this Tacoma after normal shop hours here and we literally finished it Tuesday afternoon, i drove to pick up Jeremy from Alu-Cab at the airport and the following morning were on our way to Expo! :coffeedrink: After our OKtoberfest at our shop this next coming weekend (300+ trucks, food, music, etc!) I will be updating this thread with a proper build!

skJ5y3S.jpg

6j7mIxL.jpg

92jqEXs.jpg

yXRlggA.jpg

su4jgOQ.jpg

It was great to get this truck on the trail and see what it could do! Super capable right out of the gate and I can barely wait to get this thing completely dialed in! :)

Mako1114

Adventurer
Those pics look great. Question: the pic on page 1 where the Alucab is anchored to the pallet via straps connected to brackets. Do those brackets also serve as jack-stand brackets for cab removal?

Cheers

Deejay54

That’s a sweet rig nice build I do have a question where did you get that prefilter for the snorkel I’d love to have one for mine it would keep me from getting out in a rain or snow storm to flip my scoop version around haha

yeos

Observer
Buuuuuump!

Still curious about all of the above!

I don't have a 3rd gen, but I do have a similar setup as the ok4wd truck on my 2nd gen (bp51s, 34" KO2s, SPC upper arms). The tires are mounted on SCS F5 17x8.5 -10 offset wheels. I had to do a minor cab mount chop and my factory alignment adjusters are maxed out for caster. The SPC upper arms are set to the "D position" +2 degrees of caster and my camber is adjusted to 0 from the upper arms as well. With some trimming and reshaping of the mud flaps I was able to retain those as well. Hope this helps.

rino

Buuuuuump!

Still curious about all of the above!

Sorry man I missed your comment! So I was expecting to chop the body mount with the use of the 34" BFG's, but it only required a minor trimming of the rear plastics of the front fender wells. The alignment was performed by our in house alignment tech, all within spec but I do not have the numbers off the top of my head.

I don't have a 3rd gen, but I do have a similar setup as the ok4wd truck on my 2nd gen (bp51s, 34" KO2s, SPC upper arms). The tires are mounted on SCS F5 17x8.5 -10 offset wheels. I had to do a minor cab mount chop and my factory alignment adjusters are maxed out for caster. The SPC upper arms are set to the "D position" +2 degrees of caster and my camber is adjusted to 0 from the upper arms as well. With some trimming and reshaping of the mud flaps I was able to retain those as well. Hope this helps.

That may be due to the 2nd / 3rd gen slight differences in body mounts and wheel offset, which is really touchy on these trucks. How are you liking the 34"s?

rino

Some new Khaya mount testing this past month in South Africa. We are very excited to receive the revised lo pro mounts for the Tacoma based Khaya campers! :wings:

WsLS4bg.jpg

rino

Pretty slick. What does the camper weigh? How did you set up the rear to handle the extra lbs? Didn't see in the OP.

The camper we have installed in our rig weighs in at 900lbs. We are running the OME EK091R springs and a set of Firestone air bags with Daystar cradles, major overkill. Way too much spring for a fully loaded up Khaya camper with the air bags down to 5 PSI. Plan is to switch to the lighter load EL090R spring packs this winter. On a side note, pumping the bags to 30 PSI while parked for camp really makes an awesome improvement in vehicle movement while in the camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles