OK4WD 3rd Gen Tacoma Build

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
It is no surprise that we have been long time Toyota enthusiasts and have been outfitting them for over three decades, but what is shocking is we have never had a true "Shop" Tacoma. :eek:
Well that is all about to change, introducing our new 2017 MGM TRD Off-road AC!

3GPKie2.jpg

1fEHgpl.jpg

Z38f4Cz.jpg

Everything about this build is purpose built to be ultra reliable yet capable of the terrain in mind, all while being the platform for the Alu-Cab Khaya camper. This camper works best in a 6' length bed and being focused as a two person camper, the Access Cab option made sense in terms of keeping wheelbase at a minimum while offering enough space for two people and gear. The next box to check was an Automatic Transmission, while we own and enjoy three pedal cars we prefer the control of an automatic while on the trail. Lastly knowing ARB Air Lockers were on the list, we opted for the TRD Off-road as it was the only automatic offering of the 8.9" rear differential. All of these reasons led us to this 2017 TRD Off-Road Access Cab Automatic and with only White, MGM and Black available with the Premium Tech Package and our local dealer having a MGM inbound, MGM was an easy choice.

Now on to the build list:

- ARB Summit Front Bumper (Painted MGM)
- WARN Zeon 10s Platinum Winch
- ARB Intensity LED Lights
- ARB Summit Side Rails (Painted MGM)
- ARB Summit Fender Rails (Painted MGM)
- ARB Recovery Point
- ARB Under Vehicle Protection Kit
- ARB Safari Snorkel

- OLD MAN EMU BP-51 Bypass Suspension System
- SPC Upper Control Arms
- BRAID Winrace T Dakar Wheels (OK4WD Spec)
- BFGoodrich KO2 Tires (34x10.50R17)

- ARB CKMA12 Air Compressor
- ARB Air Lockers (Front & Rear)
- NITRO 4.88 Gears

- SPOD HD Source System
- OFF-GRID Engineering Dual Battery System

-ALU-CAB Khaya Camper (Prime Spec)

And did I mention that we have little over two weeks to squeeze this in an already busy shop to be completed before Overland Expo East in Ashville, NC September 27th? Let the fun begin!

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Thanks guys! :) We are really pumped for this build too, here is a sneak peak of the Khaya prime spec before being loaded a few weeks back. It is due to land here next week and it feels like Christmas Eve around here.

0m25azp.jpg

hodgexj1996

Subscribed. Especially since I'm local ( in Pburg) I'll have to pop in and check this thing out!

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles