2006 Land Rover LR3

LtFuzz

Explorer
2006 LR3 SE7. $8000. Truck is in Annapolis, MD. Bone stock other than AMK instead of Hitachi compressor.

Data sheet:
Zambezi Silver metallic / black leather with charcoal Melville & Moon canvas seat covers for all 7 seats ($$ and look awesome)
132,xxx miles
4.4L AJV8: 300 hp / 315 lb ft / 6 speed auto (17mpg mixed / 20-23mpg highway)
Factory hitch/tow package - 7,000 lb towing capacity
Nav (the navigation software is comically obsolete but the 4x4 info is neat)
Full-time 4WD

I've owned 5 different Rovers and bought this one at Land Rover Tucson in 2012. These are awesome trucks. Reliability and build quality sea-change over the D2. Powerful, comfortable, quiet as a bank vault. Seats fold totally flat.

This one was used primarily as a commuter between Tacoma, WA and JBLM and then Annapolis, MD and Fort Meade, MD. It has never been "wheeled". Has never spent a day on salted roads.

LR3s will go well over 200k. Many will make it to 300k and beyond if their owners are willing to invest in new transmissions. I've addressed all major known weak points on this truck and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere. It has never failed to start up and drive straight. I have all receipts from my ownership starting at 65k. It has a clean CARFAX from its previous life in California that includes routine service.

• New front lower control arms
  • New front wheel bearings
  • New thermostat housing and coolant reservoir (these get leaky)
  • Hitachi air compressor replaced with AMK
  • "10 year" transmission fluid/filter service ($$$ -- the only transmission service you'll need until an unavoidable rebuild/replacement around 300k)
  • New rear brakes
  • Newer tires (Toyo Open Country H/T put on in April 2017)

It is headed to the shop this week for new front brakes and to address a few niggles (front window-washer motors inop). I can't really think of many "Cons" on this truck: it has a couple scratches here and there but no real dings or dents; the alternate passenger cupholder is cracked (no one uses this one 'cuz it's hidden and tiny); has the typical dash cracks around the passenger ABS... but it cracked along the ABS ridges PERFECTLY so it looks almost normal; normal wear/tear on steering wheel, seat bolsters, etc. Headliner in good shape.

Excellent platform for an 4x4 build (you can sleep 2 adults in the back), the best winter "beater", or daily drive it as I have done for the past 6 years.

I know I owe pictures of the interior! They just weren't coming out on my phone and it's pouring here in Naptown. There are no surprises inside, though. It's a clean truck. I'll get pictures of the underside as well when it's on the lift.

Vehicle History:

Purchased new FEB 2006 at Hornburg Land Rover in Santa Monica, CA and bounced around Southern CA until hitting the dealer auction in 2012 and being sold to Royal LR in Tucson, where I bought it.

NmtsMOd.jpg

mSP3N0S.jpg

uLXSXc0.jpg

phHItUo.jpg

MHfl9tI.jpg

PuSU6E2.jpg

jwalk04Disco

Observer
Nice! I just purchased the same color way.

Would you be willing to part with the seat covers prior to selling? If so, pm me.

GLWS

LtFuzz

Explorer
Truck has new pads and rotors, stops wonderfully, and has a clean bill of health.

Took some snapshots of the interior. The Melville & Moon seat covers are made specifically for the LR3 and fit really well. They're a very heavy, high quality canvas that breaks in over time kind of like denim in jeans. They'll also wear/fade like jeans with a pleasant aesthetic resulting. The leather underneath is in good condition throughout with typical wear. Some small tears on the side of the bolster (driver and passenger; rear seats are all perfect). No rips/tears on the seat top itself. If a serious buyer MUST see the leather on the driver's side (which I understand) then I will remove the seat cover -- but it's a pain in the *** to put on, especially with one person. So I'll do it... reluctantly! :)

Also tried to get some of the underbelly when it was on the lift. These didn't come out very well. I'm sorry. I really thought I was better at putting together higher quality pictures.. but my talent has lapsed it seems. There are no rust issues at all. The resonator has some surface rust as do some of the bolts here and there. This LR3 was on the west coast from 2006-2016.

I have all factory floor mats.

5HD302W.jpg

xDT3Mdy.jpg

7K6vUqX.jpg

fFCJEyl.jpg

Hu5kDjB.jpg

Hp7SZyR.jpg

PAAWATT.jpg

n2eTTH3.jpg

d4t9t2z.jpg

PzXkaVA.jpg

LtFuzz

Explorer
Weekly bump for a clean, well-maintained LR3. Just had it detailed yesterday and it looks better than ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94