My no weld MWC holder

jgaz

Adventurer
This is my simple, single can version, of Rayra's original good idea. I just glued and screwed together some misc. pieces of 3/4" plywood that was cluttering up my shed. I show it with a MWC but my small Jerry can for the generator or chain saw will also fit quite well. I haven't tried it with my 5 gal. Wavian can since its up north. Might need a Mark 2 edition for it.

Here is the obviously unpainted version shown where it may ride when I don't haul my mt. bike for auxiliary transportation. I wanted it to fit beside the tool box in order to leave the rest of the bed open. The bolt passes through a drilled hole in my tie down rails. I can mount it other places in the bed by slipping a tee nut into the tracks.

IMG_4538.jpg

It's shown here with a 2 1/2 gal. MWC. It will secure a 5 gal. can just by raising the rear strap mounting location.

IMG_4578.jpg

Not sure why the last pic is turned 90'

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
nice work. 7"x14" I.D. ought to fit any NATO-spec can.

Synchronicity as I just today built my new box for the fatter Scepter civilian jugs. They're a wedge fit in an 8"x14", so I went a bit wider for a triple-jug box, 24.5". Just posted it in my topic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94