1999 Toyota 100-Series Landcruiser Custom Overland Build

spressomon

Expedition Leader
This is one of the most capable 100-Series! There has been 'no stone unturned' on this truck build. Currently sitting at 256k miles and runs perfectly. This is a turn-key set-up for overloading and beyond. Please see attached list of features, mods and included equipment & accessories. I also am including a TON of extra Toyota OEM spare parts, CV shaft assemblies, etc. Just installed new Stoptech BBK rotors and pads along with new front hub bearings. Only known issue: Aux tank feed quit last year; presumably the OEM in tank fuel sender but tank needs to be lowered and checked.

More about my build here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/featured-100-spressomon.169441/

Happy to answer all questions.

$24,500. Located in Reno Nevada.

View attachment 1999 Toyota Landcruiser Accessory & Mods PDF.pdf
IMG_8126 2.jpg
IMG_9664 2.jpg
IMG_3146 3.jpg

Last edited:

Racingdad

Adventurer
If anyone is seriously interested in this vehicle I would be happy to crawl over and under this rig for you before you travel to Reno.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Been on many adventures and covered a lot of miles with this rig. The buyer won't be disappointed.
GLWS
Jack

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Here is a Dropbox link to more photos of the 100: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2gdf7huyu2gdx1g/AABfiFZWNa8Ye13olS8Lv577a?dl=0

There are not too many 100-Series as capable as this one. It has taken me to Hole-in-the-Rock (not the HITR you can drive in a Honda Accord :D) three times including twice down/up the Rincon portion. All over the Maze District, Lockhart both directions, Poison Spider & Golden Spike, Metal Masher, over 100 nights in remote Death Valley, Mojave Trail, all over New Mexico, Arizona, California, Nevada (of course ;)), Utah(!), Oregon, Wyoming, Nebraska, South Dakota and more.

I have used it as a base camp, overnight rig for a 12-week mostly off-road foray, remote fly fishing access, upland and big game hunting trips and on and on and on. Its capable. Its comfortable. And its dead-on reliable. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to Alaska right now.

I purchased it in late 2004 with 69k miles. It is a purpose built rig with off-road capability as the center for design. It has more little accoutrements than I've seen on any other rig in its class. You just have to see it, drive it and camp out of it to understand its breadth of capabilities and relative creature comforts.

It has been properly maintained, more so than most as we travel into some very remote country that precludes extradition via AAA. I PM everything sooner than scheduled to try to shore up back-country break-downs. This strategy has proven very successful to me and this wonderful truck.

So that begs the question: Why am I selling it? My soon to be wife and I are on the heals of a major lifestyle change. I've purchased an '07 Chevy LBZ HD2500 with the expectation of ordering a Kimberley Kruiser next year for living out of both full time on and off-road. This 100-Series with everything it has to offer just doesn't have the power to pull 6,000lbs of trailer (this 100-Series in full tour mode, with food, water, both tanks full etc. weighs 8,000lbs!) . This will be the first time in over a dozen years where I don't have at least one Toyota in the garage/driveway.

And as bummed as I am about that, @locrwln assures me the LBZ is a very capable tow rig and all-around on/off-road performer in its own right; I'm following his lead!

Last edited:

spressomon

Expedition Leader
^ A couple of its many life forms :D. If that truck could talk! What fantastic memories it sponsored and the super friendships, like our's, that it fostered! Crazy. Crazy good!

spressomon

Expedition Leader
Wow! What are you getting to replace this, Dan?

Page 1 Dave :ylsmoke:: "So that begs the question: Why am I selling it? My soon to be wife and I are on the heals of a major lifestyle change. I've purchased an '07 Chevy LBZ HD2500 with the expectation of ordering a Kimberley Kruiser next year for living out of both full time on and off-road. This 100-Series with everything it has to offer just doesn't have the power to pull 6,000lbs of trailer (this 100-Series in full tour mode, with food, water, both tanks full etc. weighs 8,000lbs!) . This will be the first time in over a dozen years where I don't have at least one Toyota in the garage/driveway.

And as bummed as I am about that, @locrwln assures me the LBZ is a very capable tow rig and all-around on/off-road performer in its own right; I'm following his lead!"

alia176

Explorer
Bumping for ya Spressomon, this will be the end of an era. We made so many great memories and became life long friends from our adventures. This rig is a rolling work of art meets science and will make the next guy super happy. I still can't get over the "soon to be wife"! :eek:

Just couple of pics of the SpressoWagon in action and some of the stories would start like this ".....and this was right before the incident....!!!".:yikes:

Attachments

• Spressowagon1.jpg
    Spressowagon1.jpg
    532.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Spressowagon2.jpg
    Spressowagon2.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 286
  • Spressowagon3.jpg
    Spressowagon3.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 289
  • Spressowagon4.JPG
    Spressowagon4.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 295
  • Spressowagon5.jpg
    Spressowagon5.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 310
  • Spressowagon6.jpg
    Spressowagon6.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Spressowagon7.jpg
    Spressowagon7.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Spressowagon8.JPG
    Spressowagon8.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Spressowagon9.JPG
    Spressowagon9.JPG
    316.8 KB · Views: 294

NoahTheMod

Observer
man, nice looking cruiser. If you get $33k for am 18 year old land cruiser with 256K miles on it that would be amazing. Is this bad boy supercharged?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles