WTB: James Baroud Horizon or similar RTT

eboersma96

Looking to finish up tricking out my SoCal Teardrop, and add a rooftop tent. I've spent the better part of August researching and reading up on all of the different kinds and styles, and to me it looks like all of these tents are manufactured in the same place. All have the same design, style, etc. Quality and ease of setup / teardown are the biggest factors I'm looking for since it's good to be able to just packup and go and leave within 15 minutes.

I spent a lot of time recently talking to a local expedition retailer, and they had some interesting feedback on the Yakima SkyRise. They've already started production on a 2.0 version since they had so many issues with the initial launch. They acknowledged their growing pains, and hope that with the reboot of the 2.0 edition that all of the quality issues are taken care of and addressed. Not sure how to know if/when you're getting a "newer" one, but for me I'll leave the quality control to someone else. Hate companies that ship out poor performing products, and rely on customers as the guinea pigs.

So that brings me back to where I first started. If you have a RTT you're looking to part ways with please PM me with what you have and where you're located. I can have it shipped here to Michigan, and would probably use a local Fastenal location. Hands down they're the most cost effective means to send large items (shipped a 250 cabinet that was 6' x 3' x 2x to Florida from Michigan for only $150).

Thanks everyone, and love all of the input and information you share on the site. First hand reviews are the best, and I appreciate everyone that takes the time to post them up here.

NOTE: Would even consider a hard shell depending on size.

eboersma96

BUMP, and expanding search. Spoke with Gabe over at SoCal, and I could also get by with an AutoHome AirTop or Columbus. Hopefully there's someone looking to sell and/or upgrade.

thanks!

eboersma96

How soon you looking to buy one?

I'm in no rush why what do you have?

Would like to find one in the next 30 days to get a nice fall camping weekend in before winter sets in here in Michigan.

But if it's a solid deal with a quality tent I could wait.

Thanks for the note.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eboersma96

How much are you asking for it? I've gotten a few quotes from uShip on other RTT's and it'll probably run me 200-300 to have it shipped here to Michigan. Can you post a pic or two of it?

greenbull

Adventurer
I am changing things up and have James Baroud XXL grand raid on my conqueor trailer, which is kept in storage. I haven't listed it yet, as I just ordered an EZi Awn , but will sell for 2500.

Greenbullnbear@gmail.com if you like more pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 64

eboersma96

Great setup but actually found a James Baroud Space yesterday, and it's on its way to me in Michigan! Thanks to those that reached out. I'll post pics for everyone once I've got it mounted to my SoCal 459. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but the additional headroom sold me. That and being able to have camp set up in less than 10 minutes vs. an hour when I set up my ground tent.

eboersma96

Just took delivery of the tent last night and I am pumped. Legitimately had it opened and set up in under a minute! The quality of the construction, and the fit/finish is as good as others have described. At 6'3
I was nervous I wouldn't fit, but surprisingly I have a few
Extra inches to spare. This is going to be a great addition to my SoCal and the thought of having camp set up in under 10 minutes is pretty
Damn exciting.

And for those looking to sell your RTT that say you won't ship it .... don't sell yourself short. I used uShip and it arrived from Denver to Michigan in 6 days. Pricing was in line with what you'll pay if you buy a new one, and for those out west it should be under $300 to ship along the coast.

Will post pictures once I get it installed and ready for the first trip. Up first ... Silver Lake Sand Dunes in a few weeks. The elevated position should give me amazing lake views I'd never see if I was still stuck on the ground in my tent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94