Ranger Raptor...

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
My gf's sister has a taco 16' as a farm truck. I borrowed it other day and drover an hour around Westport CT.
I took hwy and those local tiny New England streets. It drove very nice.
I have no idea why guys on the tacoma forum complain about.
It is a truck and it drives as a truck!

I never understood this inadequate thirst for speed in truck / SUV community. This is very reason why trucks and SUV are becoming more car like... solid axles, frames etc are sacrificed for speed and performance.
If we continue demanding more speed and better performance all we'll end up with the Honda Ridgeline, which drives very nice and has got amazing sits... but it's not a truck I wouldn't take it to explore New Mexico.

As for diesel's performances of hwy, I drove a 2007 2.5D Hilux in Easter Europe in was more than enough.

60-65 mph is a good speed for truck, unless you don't want to see your son's graduation. :D

Highlander

The Strong, Silent Type
calicamper

I was following a blog fwc owner doing a 3month trip to Alaska from Main. Loaded heavy he was really pleased with the truck 22-25mpg 70-85mph pending headwinds. His toyota struggled hard doing those speeds and 12-14 mpg was typical.

Would you mind to share that blog with us?

Thank you in advance!

Clutch

<---Pass
Yeah you can get some for under 30, full size trucks even. You just cant expect it to have the biggest engine and all the bells and whistles.

Lotsa options even at $25K Even did a search with extra cab and crew cab models...not just regular cabs (a man's man truck)...so everyone is happy. Of course many will still complain, that is doesn't have this or that, but $25K gets you a lot. Most have heating & air conditioning, power steering, power brakes, power windows, back up camera, 4WD...what more do you need out of a truck?

My gf's sister has a taco 16' as a farm truck. I borrowed it other day and drover an hour around Westport CT.
I took hwy and those local tiny New England streets. It drove very nice.
I have no idea why guys on the tacoma forum complain about.
It is a truck and it drives as a truck!

I don't know what they complain about either, guessing most didn't grow up with trucks. All of ours were just a step above a tractor. Most of the new trucks today drive like Cadillacs. Of course why the payloads are dismal.

When I test drove the new Tacoma, first thing I said to the dealer, ooooh...it drives nice and stiff, as it should be. Fullsize half tons don't feel as stiff.

I never understood this inadequate thirst for speed in truck / SUV community. This is very reason why trucks and SUV are becoming more car like... solid axles, frames etc are sacrificed for speed and performance.

Too many car people buying trucks...

60-65 mph is a good speed for truck.

Yes it is.

Last edited:

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I'm assuming the new Ranger, if and when it comes, will be slushbox-only like the Colorado/Canyon? That's a shame but probably inevitable.

mat fink

I'm in Australia where we've had this ranger configuration some of you guys are talking about for a while, it's what I drive. It has the 3.2/5 turbodiesel and sport shift auto. I drive it like I stole it, thrash it on a daily basis, combo of local and highway driving, and get between 800-1000km per tank. :truck:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles