Ranger Raptor...

Tex68w

Beach Bum
That will sell lot hot cakes simply due to the price point in comparison to its bigger brother! With the Gen 2 Raptor stickering for $65-70K, I'd be willing to bet it'll be every bit of $50-55K. Sadly, I can't imagine it having anything bigger under the hood than the 2.7L Ecoboost. It'd be a beast with the 3.5L.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Would Ford have a supplier for shocks like what GM has? Those special dampers on the ZR2 seem to be a really big part of the ZR2's ability to perform the way it does.

calicamper

Expedition Leader
That will sell lot hot cakes simply due to the price point in comparison to its bigger brother! With the Gen 2 Raptor stickering for $65-70K, I'd be willing to bet it'll be every bit of $50-55K. Sadly, I can't imagine it having anything bigger under the hood than the 2.7L Ecoboost. It'd be a beast with the 3.5L.
Good friend was shopping a Raptor recently you cant even talk to a dealer about one till your over the 80k mark.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Good friend was shopping a Raptor recently you cant even talk to a dealer about one till your over the 80k mark.

Asking prices over sticker may differ upon region and availability. My dad just piked one up loaded out, orange alcantara accents upgrade, bedliner, beadlocks, etc. Stickered for $70,400 and some change, he paid $1K under sticker and they had three others available of varying options on the lot next to it. This is at a dealer in a town of about 70,000 people in south Texas too, so it's no volume dealer. They had a Shelby GT-350R in the showroom with dealer markup of $20K over sticker on it, that's for suckers and there are plenty of them out there. Personally I would never pay a penny over sticker, no matter how rare the vehicle is.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable

The 2.7 is " faster " than a 3.5 in the f150 in certain configurations. The 2.7 in a ranger would be a rocketship.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Is the truck in the video an otherwise stock Ranger with just a cage inside? I personally just hope they do indeed sell a true 4-door version with a diesel for under $30k, don't really care about the hyped up Raptor series that 95% of owners will never even use them for what they were designed for.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
Is the truck in the video an otherwise stock Ranger with just a cage inside? I personally just hope they do indeed sell a true 4-door version with a diesel for under $30k, don't really care about the hyped up Raptor series that 95% of owners will never even use them for what they were designed for.

Sorry, but I got a good laugh out of this. One can dream I guess.....

Clutch

<---Pass
Good luck on getting any version of the new truck under $30K let alone a crew cab 4x4 with a diesel lol.

Sorry, but I got a good laugh out of this. One can dream I guess.....

After the initial hype wears off, I can see it just a touch over $30K. Seeing diesel Colorados in the low $30's, (local lot here had one for $31,500) so I don't think it would be out of the question, especially if Ford offers in their XL package, unlike the Chevy, which its' lowest trim is the LT for the diesel. Would be nice if Chevy offered it in the WT package, guessing those could be had in the high $20's if they did.

Anxious to see what Ford does with the Ranger.

Littlehouse

Adventurer
After the initial hype wears off, I can see it just a touch over $30K. Seeing diesel Colorados in the low $30's, (local lot here had one for $31,500) so I don't think it would be out of the question, especially if Ford offers in their XL package, unlike the Chevy, which its' lowest trim is the LT for the diesel. Would be nice if Chevy offered it in the WT package, guessing those could be had in the high $20's if they did.

Anxious to see what Ford does with the Ranger.

I hope you're right. I'm not a rich man, and the price of trucks these days is nuts. I'm going on 9 years with the Silverado, but would love to move into something new...if I don't have to mortgage my soul and everything I own.

Clutch

<---Pass
I hope you're right. I'm not a rich man, and the price of trucks these days is nuts. I'm going on 9 years with the Silverado, but would love to move into something new...if I don't have to mortgage my soul and everything I own.

Trucks prices are ludicrous....real tired of nursing my 18 year old Tacoma along, (gonna have to break down and buy something new) not super crazy how Toyota does their packages these days. Ford does it right with the F150, you can darn near à la carte what you want with those. Assuming they'll do the same with the Ranger. Little leery of diesel for the long haul, mileage and torque would be nice, might save on fuel, but don't think you'll save any money long term. Next truck I am hoping will be my last. Liking the specs on their new 3.3 V6, would be content with that.

http://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/2018/features/Power/#new_3_3l_ti-vct_v6

Raptor version sure is cool no doubt, but this is more my speed...

FAU_Colours_041-billboard.jpg

Last edited:

Dalko43

Explorer
For the love of God, Ford please just gives us an emissions-compliant version of the Ranger Wildtrak that you sell overseas. If you want to make a Raptor version for all the truck bro's, fine, but please give the 4x4 enthusiasts the workhorse version.

Not everyone wants a Baja vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles