1995 Toyota T100
    2014 Ti Fatback with some bikepacking bags
    1984 Koga-Myata Traveler full road tour kit FOR SALE
    1995 Trek 930 dirtbag bike

Expedition Portal Member #4318

Past rigs:2000 Nissan D22 Last-Frontier-Build
    1974 VW Type II
    1985 BMW E28 euro M5 Summer

Holy cow what a pack mule that thing will be. Looks like the Big Fat Dummy is all grown up...

I love this bike. I love the idea that SalsaJJ's legs are long enough I can sit on the seat and he can sit on the rear rack and reach the pedalsl. The other E-bike.
    Bicycles rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Noel View Post
    I love this bike. I love the idea that SalsaJJ's legs are long enough I can sit on the seat and he can sit on the rear rack and reach the pedalsl. The other E-bike.
    My step brother got to see this rig and others at Salsa RideCamp, boy I would like to attend one of these years.
    2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior W/
    1996 Cache Camper
    1995 Toyota T100

1974 VW Type II

Quote Originally Posted by Co-opski View Post
    My step brother got to see this rig and others at Salsa RideCamp, boy I would like to attend one of these years.
    I just can't get my damn schedule to work out to go to Ride Camp. Next year.

I just loaded up my Mukluk for a trip I'm taking to Silverton on Thursday. The premise of my trip is -- mega luxury. I'm taking a bomber tent, comfy pad, and had to add a rear rack and dual fork-mounted Anything Cages and a bar, frame, and top bag. It's a fraction of what I could fit on the new Blackborow and holy hell am I not looking forward to pedaling it. It's only about 40 pounds of gear/food/water, but eeesh. I suppose if topography isn't a concern I could pedal a loaded Blackborow Mid.
    Bicycles rule.

This looks like an e-bike waiting to happen. Awesome.

Super fun bike! I rode it as my primary fatbike all winter last year. The mid tail is surprisingly different than the long tail BFD. Two completely different rigs. We really maximized the trail experience on this bike. I rode two iterations last year to get to this and it really is a trail mule. I hunted from it as well. The amount of gear you can carry is crazy!

E is something we talk about for sure. No idea what that means for Salsa yet, but this would be a great platform for sure. We would really like to see the battery weight and capacity get much better. It has to happen sometime.

Christophe you are more than welcome to come to Minnesota this winter and join me on a winter camping/exploring trip!

Stay tuned for a couple of videos highlighting what this bike can do in the future from Salsa.

Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by SalsaJJ View Post
    Super fun bike! I rode it as my primary fatbike all winter last year. The mid tail is surprisingly different than the long tail BFD. Two completely different rigs. We really maximized the trail experience on this bike. I rode two iterations last year to get to this and it really is a trail mule. I hunted from it as well. The amount of gear you can carry is crazy!

E is something we talk about for sure. No idea what that means for Salsa yet, but this would be a great platform for sure. We would really like to see the battery weight and capacity get much better. It has to happen sometime.

Christophe you are more than welcome to come to Minnesota this winter and join me on a winter camping/exploring trip!

Stay tuned for a couple of videos highlighting what this bike can do in the future from Salsa.

Thanks for the support!
    Yes I nominate Christophe for the Arrowhead 135!!! I need to get back to the land of Tofte one of these days. Salsa JJ if you met the fine folks from Ruby Coffee at Ride Camp that's mi familia.
    2011 Toyota Tundra TRD Rock Warrior W/
    1996 Cache Camper
    1995 Toyota T100

1974 VW Type II

Quote Originally Posted by Co-opski View Post
    Yes I nominate Christophe for the Arrowhead 135!!!
    I cry way too easily. I'd have frozen tears stuck to my cheeks before we even started.

SalsaJJ, Nice work. I'd love to head up there for a winter campout. I call big spoon.
    Bicycles rule.

I made it to ride camp the first two years. What a great weekend and what a bargain. The Salsa crew really takes care of you so you can just ride and enjoy Chequamegon. The beer fairy even made a special delivery to our bikepacking site.

The way they push adventure by bike designs is great to see. What will they come up with next year? I'm always amazed.

The arrowhead is a great event. The Bulleit rye makes it worth getting to Surly's checkpoint #3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast