2018 Salsa Blackborow midtail overlander

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
I love this bike. I love the idea that SalsaJJ's legs are long enough I can sit on the seat and he can sit on the rear rack and reach the pedalsl. The other E-bike. :)

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I love this bike. I love the idea that SalsaJJ's legs are long enough I can sit on the seat and he can sit on the rear rack and reach the pedalsl. The other E-bike. :)
My step brother got to see this rig and others at Salsa RideCamp, boy I would like to attend one of these years.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
My step brother got to see this rig and others at Salsa RideCamp, boy I would like to attend one of these years.
I just can't get my damn schedule to work out to go to Ride Camp. Next year.

I just loaded up my Mukluk for a trip I'm taking to Silverton on Thursday. The premise of my trip is -- mega luxury. I'm taking a bomber tent, comfy pad, and had to add a rear rack and dual fork-mounted Anything Cages and a bar, frame, and top bag. It's a fraction of what I could fit on the new Blackborow and holy hell am I not looking forward to pedaling it. It's only about 40 pounds of gear/food/water, but eeesh. I suppose if topography isn't a concern I could pedal a loaded Blackborow Mid.

SalsaJJ

Salsa GM
Super fun bike! I rode it as my primary fatbike all winter last year. The mid tail is surprisingly different than the long tail BFD. Two completely different rigs. We really maximized the trail experience on this bike. I rode two iterations last year to get to this and it really is a trail mule. I hunted from it as well. The amount of gear you can carry is crazy!

E is something we talk about for sure. No idea what that means for Salsa yet, but this would be a great platform for sure. We would really like to see the battery weight and capacity get much better. It has to happen sometime.

Christophe you are more than welcome to come to Minnesota this winter and join me on a winter camping/exploring trip!

Stay tuned for a couple of videos highlighting what this bike can do in the future from Salsa.

Thanks for the support!

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Super fun bike! I rode it as my primary fatbike all winter last year. The mid tail is surprisingly different than the long tail BFD. Two completely different rigs. We really maximized the trail experience on this bike. I rode two iterations last year to get to this and it really is a trail mule. I hunted from it as well. The amount of gear you can carry is crazy!

E is something we talk about for sure. No idea what that means for Salsa yet, but this would be a great platform for sure. We would really like to see the battery weight and capacity get much better. It has to happen sometime.

Christophe you are more than welcome to come to Minnesota this winter and join me on a winter camping/exploring trip!

Stay tuned for a couple of videos highlighting what this bike can do in the future from Salsa.

Thanks for the support!
Yes I nominate Christophe for the Arrowhead 135!!! I need to get back to the land of Tofte one of these days. Salsa JJ if you met the fine folks from Ruby Coffee at Ride Camp that's mi familia. :coffeedrink:

monkeyrider

Observer
I made it to ride camp the first two years. What a great weekend and what a bargain. The Salsa crew really takes care of you so you can just ride and enjoy Chequamegon. The beer fairy even made a special delivery to our bikepacking site.

The way they push adventure by bike designs is great to see. What will they come up with next year? I'm always amazed.

The arrowhead is a great event. The Bulleit rye makes it worth getting to Surly's checkpoint #3.

1x1_Speed_Craig

I refuse to ride the Blackborow Midtail after building up my Big Fat Dummy this past year. I'm afraid I'll want to buy one, but don't want to spend more $$$ for now. Therefore, I'll pretend it doesn't exist...for now. :sombrero:

Here's my BFD:
SurlyBFD_loaded_2.jpg

SurlyBFD_NCTBridge.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles