An interesting concept to improve your roof top tent.

Utah KJ

Free State of Florida
Why is that? Obviously it is not for everyone (but neither are roof top tents), but I am not seeing why this is any more silly than a regular roof top tent.

Maybe you can strap a rock wall on there as well for fun activities whilst in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobsCreek

Adventurer
Interesting and I'm sure some would find it useful. Seems to make getting into the back of your vehicle a bit of a challenge, has a slight advantage over a fully on the ground ground tent but loses some of the advantages of being up high, the angle issue...

ghostshaper

If all you were after was a tent cot, you could save yourself a few thousand and use this:
Kamp-Rite-Double-Tent-Cot-1.jpg

Ovrlnd Rd

Adventurer
Neat idea. Kind of big hanging on back. Obviously wont work for everybody.
Wonder how solid on those 4 legs ?
Pokin the Sweetie or just a vigorous wank, wont have it for bouncing around or a break down ?

Probably less obvious (if unhooked from vehicle) than bumping uglies on the roof with the shocks squeaking.

Personally I got a RTT because it IS on the roof. Otherwise I could just throw a mat on top of the Decked boxes and then use a pop up canopy to park under. A lot of wild boars in TX could walk right into one of those if the door was unzipped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles