***SOLD*** 2012 Honda NC700X Non-DCT/ABS model ADV Build Southeast Ohio $4300 firm

vwhammer

Adventurer
***SOLD***I have too many projects and can not afford to build them all so I need to prioritize.
Unfortunately this is at the bottom of the project list so I have decided to get rid of it.
2012 NC700X
4500 miles

Located in Athens, Ohio

NRQJOs7.jpg

uz5QoFm.jpg

JVTlhLL.jpg

f3OjwSr.jpg

6PRUcR9.jpg

B33e7jD.jpg

7ScjWZU.jpg

NiBrv3k.jpg

Ubwb3nl.jpg

onHeOWY.jpg

0fmqdcO.jpg

IQSYQsm.jpg

d6zLxij.jpg

Anyone that cares about the NCX may have seen my build thread on here.
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/nother-nc700x-thread-but-this-time-an-adv-build.1215824/

I anticipated riding this bike out west both on an off road so it is built accordingly.
I did not get to everything I wanted to but it is a good start for someone looking for a budget ADV bike.
Honestly a seat upgrade, some crash bars and maybe a different windscreen is about all I would add to make this a real cross country adventure machine.

I just did a 1200+ mile ride over the eclipse weekend and it really is a great all 'round bike.
Handles the twisties just fine and averaged about 68 MPG
I even got 76MPG on one tank during a slower day of riding.

Here is a quick rundown of what I have done.
RaceTech Gold valve emulators
RaceTech Single rate fork springs (.95kg/mm rate)
Lightly used single adjustable Sachs rear shock from an Aprilia Tuono. (approximately 1 inch more travel than stock)
RaceTech rear spring (17kg/mm rate)
2 inch fork risers (currently lifted 3/4 inches)
There is also a set of custom fork tube supports should you want to raise the bike more and are concerned about the threaded part of the fork not being in the triple clamp.
Custom front fender and rear shock splash guard.
I also bought a set of 1 inch lift rear dog bones that I did not install but will be included.
Bigger tires
Michelin Anakee Wilds with just over 1000 miles on them.
130/80 front
150/70 rear
46 tooth Superlite rear sprocket
16 tooth front sprocket
DID gold x ring chain
BarkBuster Storm handguards
Custom exhaust using generic stainless muffler
Evotech Rad guard
Hepco Becker Skidplate
SAE power port in front storage area

I will include all of the stock stuff that I removed from the bike

This bike has no issues what so ever and is ready to ride across the country.
It's got about 1200 miles on a recent oil change with Rotella synthetic oil and a larger mobile1 extended performance filter.
With the factory recommended 8000 mile oil change interval you should not have to worry about that for a while.

I suggest reading up on this bike if you are interested.
It has a lot to offer for not a lot of money and super low maintenance.
It's power will not blow your mind.
You might label it as utilitarian but it is an incredibly useful bike and handles a lot of situations very well.
To top it all off I have fun on it everywhere I go
There is simply nothing to worry about with this bike.
I hate to sell it but my van project is more important at the moment and the bike is just too distracting.

Check out the build thread and feel free to hit me up with any questions about any aspect of the bike or build.

Last edited:

vwhammer

Adventurer
It going to start getting warm any day now and this thing is still sitting in my garage.

Last edited:

vwhammer

Adventurer
Figured it has been a while and it'll be riding season soon.
I need to sell this before it gets warm and I start riding it again.
Anyone interested?

vwhammer

Adventurer
Sorry I forgot I posted this on here.
Any way not it did not.
I should also point out that I have dropped the price to $5000 if that interests anyone.
For future reference it might be best to send me a message as well as posting here so I can respond sooner.
I am on here every day but I just forgot I posted this in here.

vwhammer

Adventurer
Well some friends and I are planning a trip so I have decided to keep the bike and do a few more mods for the trip.
This trip should really help determine if this is the bike for me.
Perhaps I will put it back up for sale or maybe I will keep it and love it forever.
Only time will tell...

P.S. Hope to see some of you at Overland Expo

vwhammer

Adventurer
Well I hate to keep Flip flopping on this thing but another project came up and I am afraid I am going to have to sell this after all.

How about a little price drop to move things along.
$4700

Fvan

PM me, I'm interested. Also would love to know recent mods.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

vwhammer

Adventurer
Perhaps I should mention that I also have some parts that I was going to use to beef up the suspension a bit more and run a 17/19 spoke wheel combo.
If you are looking for a fun winter project, buy this bike and I will make you a deal on the parts that I bought.
Let me do an inventory of what I have and I will post it up later this evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste