Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: water heater

Default water heater

What are you using for water heater? We want to install about a 6 gallon water heater on our rig for shower. Just got back from Alaska, we are now preparing our rig for the next journey. We are not taking the trailer for the next journey. thx

here is our FB https://www.facebook.com/nullacruising/
    Attached Images Attached Images

thank i am looking into this now. i want to install this inside my rig. thx

I ended up building an enclosure and mount for a portable tankless unit on the back of my camper. I didn't want to fuss with the exhaust so outside worked best for me. I also put the shower outside but it sends hot water inside for my sink as well. The unit is an Eccotemp L5.
    IMG_8449.JPG
    IMG_9103.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AZ_Nick; 10-10-2017 at 03:40 AM.

honestly.... you rarely need to bath in conventional ways. Bath everyday of course...... just not conventionally. Soap with water rinse is ancient technology that we do out of habit now even though there is better methods. Search No-Rinse Body Wash and No-Rinse Shampoo. Uses only ounces of water. Large adult wipes..... or standard baby wipes as a wash cloth you can burn next day to start the fire (along with your toilet paper).

Isotemp water heater using engine heat is very nice for our Sprinter. Water is hot after a 20 minute drive and stays hot for hours. It also has a 750 watt element.

All the best,
    Hein
    DIYvan.com

Expensive but the Precision Temp RV550 is propane and on demand.

Google, camp chef Triton 5L, very efficient can be plumbed into 20# bottle.

Webasto style hydronic, burns vehicle fuel, heats the living space as well as HWS, engine block optional.

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...310&id=2357690
    Good unit, the first one in our truck lasted 23 years
    1993 Mercedes-Benz 917 AF

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Nick View Post
    I ended up building an enclosure and mount for a portable tankless unit on the back of my camper. I didn't want to fuss with the exhaust so outside worked best for me. I also put the shower outside but it sends hot water inside for my sink as well. The unit is an Eccotemp L5.
    IMG_8449.JPG
    IMG_9103.JPG
    Very slick...
    Iím using a removable camp chef triton and a shower tent for bathing and it also works great for dishes etc..
    I put my double shower hose (14í) on an adjustable garden sprayer which gives us constant on or only when pressed. Works tins better than the supplied shower head
    95' D90
    Insanity
    07' LR3 SE
    12' RR

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast