Couch Bed ideas

Mxkutch

Observer
So I am starting my interior build and I would love to see what others are running.

I have an E350 Hightop EB, and I am really going towards a couch runs lenthwise down the side, that converts to a bed. I just like the idea of more free space when the bed is not down.

I have lurked here a while and am just trying to get them all on the same thread. But here are a few pictures of two that i kind of like.

Corneilius

Adventurer
Im running a set up like in the first picture. LOVE my center isle for hauling long stuff / general functionality. I built mine though, that looks like an ikea frame. My build thread has pictures of the process.

Edit; I was going to post them but they're right on the first page

4x4pair

Adventurer
For now we're just using a futon on a frame I built to get it a little taller.
5e9472b90e8c8c544616a162373ade18.jpg
15569af53053b3a5016e353aa04cec68.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mxkutch

Observer
Ozrockrat: thats a pretty cool video thanks

Cornielius: I have seen your build thread before and really dig your van. I like your bed layout, do you ever have an issue with the two different pieces of foam, like do you ever push them apart or fall through the gap?

I am planning on making a lengthwise bed/couch that can sleep both me (6 ft) and my wife (and maybe my dogs if they're lucky or I'm feeling sorry for them)

Corneilius

Adventurer
I have little "stops" that keep the cushions from spreading, but we also lay down an additional mattress topper before we put our sheets on. During travels, the bed stays a bed. The van is my DD and I couldn't live with the back of the van blocked all the time. Ours is a little narrower than a Full, and it gets REAL tight with the two dogs. They usually sleep in the front seats.

Mxkutch

Observer
That makes sense. Speaking of your dogs, this post cracked me up when I read it. I'm in the exact same boat. One great dog who's 7 now and after getting an 8 month old, we have two ok dogs hahaha.

I copied Cornelius' design using round tube and fit to my long height.

I used a single 8" memory foam mattress from Walmart. Cut a lengthwise slit halfway thru to help it bend. In the Couch position I have a length of 550 cord pulled right in the crease to keep it from sliding out.

The bed actually sleeps better than the crappy home mattress. Spent 3 months on it this summer and slept great!

1fe4fcdf1684d0f92632cf9c322f6962.jpg

f59e35af5be093371d5a202a0112bb1b.jpg

77d5bcf0058fc8d922c7435af2f749f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BaseCamp

Observer
Anyone using as big of a bed as possible? My wife likes to let our dogs jump in the bed in the mornings and was looking to have a bed thats 70"x76", which is about as big as i can fit in the back of my e350. So somewhere between a queen and king, and use all king sheets and comforter. Would like to see some set ups and opinions like that if anyones got one.

Anyone using as big of a bed as possible? My wife likes to let our dogs jump in the bed in the mornings and was looking to have a bed thats 70"x76", which is about as big as i can fit in the back of my e350. So somewhere between a queen and king, and use all king sheets and comforter. Would like to see some set ups and opinions like that if anyones got one.

Mines 80"x44" because I am tall and tired of my feet hanging off the end.

If you don't have cabinets on one side then you could make the bed 60" or so. Had a large bed before and it just takes up too much storage room in a van like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior