2018 Wrangler JL two door spy shots

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Looks like it might be lifted a bit, based on the angle of the lower control arms.
Assist handles on the A pillars, updated wheels, updated grill with more ventilation and better protection for the radiators.
Just noticed the fuel tank may be tucked up better now too.
Pretty exciting stuff! :)

GetOutThere

Adventurer
Looks like it might be lifted a bit, based on the angle of the lower control arms.
Assist handles on the A pillars, updated wheels, updated grill with more ventilation and better protection for the radiators.
Just noticed the fuel tank may be tucked up better now too.
Pretty exciting stuff! :)

Do the control arms sit completely flush on the 2 door JKs? I was thinking the same as you, but I only know the 4 door.

Sadly the hood "ventilation" will likely be for appearance only. All of the 10A hoods had the same fake vents.

Not a fan of that front bumper. Take the 10A bumper, and take out everything that made it useful... uh, alright...

I did notice the backup cam, which will be handy. Fenders definitely seem more roomy as well. Stoked to see this thing hit the lots. I won't be buying for another 5 or so years, but still... exciting to see the next installment.

Jurfie

Adventurer
The rear of the soft top looks interesting; the window panels wrap the corners and meet up with the rear fender. I wonder if they got rid of the fixed corners to be more open when running windowless?

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Do the control arms sit completely flush on the 2 door JKs? I was thinking the same as you, but I only know the 4 door.

Sadly the hood "ventilation" will likely be for appearance only. All of the 10A hoods had the same fake vents.

Not a fan of that front bumper. Take the 10A bumper, and take out everything that made it useful... uh, alright...

I did notice the backup cam, which will be handy. Fenders definitely seem more roomy as well. Stoked to see this thing hit the lots. I won't be buying for another 5 or so years, but still... exciting to see the next installment.

Yeah control arms on stock height JK have a bit less angle, not flat, but less than the Jeep in the picture.
Check out the difference between lifted and stock JKs in these pictures, and then compare to the "spy shots".
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1312&bih=781&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=2017+Jeep++2door+JK&oq=2017+Jeep++2door+JK&gs_l=psy-ab.3...31684.32881.0.33293.7.7.0.0.0.0.216.837.0j3j2.5.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..2.1.215...0i13k1j0i8i13i30k1.8s7PKcYYSPM#imgrc=fPg02Gk5b2hPcM:

Maybe a "Rubicon" version, it has the red shocks. That would be about an inch or so over stock.

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Nice to finally see some upgrade headlights!

EDIT: Actually I just realized you can get OEM LED's on the 17's, can't you?

AggieOE

Trying to escape the city
What's with the comically large driver's side mirror in the first few pics? :elkgrin:

I'm 99% sure that's camouflage over the mirrors trying to hide the new turn signal integration.

I'm just glad it still looks like a Jeep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne