Disco 1 Stabilizer

So I've been on the road for a bit now with our work schedule being crazy. My girlfriend has been driving the beloved rover around while I'm out of town and has a slight issue I have to remedy when I get back.
I got a picture of the steering stabilizer touching the Parking lot and a nail in the tire. Tire is easy, just a slow leak she can air up. I'll be back in about three weeks So I need to order some parts.
First a steering stabilizer, thinking OME since OME is honestly what most people I know use, but I'm open to any suggestions. I undersrand it's not
Second I've been looking at the rovertyme stabilizer kit and also their drag links kit. Would either of these be a good idea to do while I'm in the shop?
Any other suggestions on things I should check out or swap out while I'm out?
Using the phone to do this as well.
Thanks!

OH+D

If you do any off road travel, I would highly recommend moving the stabilizer to the front (Defender style). If the vehicle is pavement only then it would not make a difference. OME is a good quality part.

I'd inspect all the tie rod ends while you are working on this system.

Adam

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
If you do any off road travel, I would highly recommend moving the stabilizer to the front (Defender style). If the vehicle is pavement only then it would not make a difference. OME is a good quality part.

I'd inspect all the tie rod ends while you are working on this system.

Adam

Thanks Adam!
I'll get those parts ordered soon. Any thoughts on the heavy duty tie rods from RT?

I agree 100% with Adam and yes to your question about replacing the tie rods with RT. I used OME, RT and RoverTracks (I think Keith renamed his shop something else now) on my D1 and RRC (94). Those things were indestructible and unstoppable.

OH+D

The RT rods are extremely strong and are a good product if you need the strongest part available. The Heavy duty parts from Rovers North are my choice for most use cases, at $200 including all new tie rod ends.

Adam

Thanks for all the advice! I'm on the road so I gotta call and order those RT parts and stabilizer. Probably just go OME for the stabilizer since I'll end up swapping the suspension in the next year or so anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94