Into the wild Overland trailers, anyone have one?

MTBMark

Observer
itwoverland.com

Was curious is anyone on expo had one of their trailers.

If so...

What are you thoughts on the build quality?
What are your likes/dislikes?
As a company how were they to deal with?

Interesting trailers.. I like the layout of the galley and the price point for what you get seems nice.

Mark.

Diamond_D

Yup! It's been absolutely perfect for our family of 3 to explore off the grid in and around Colorado this summer. I'll give an overview of my thoughts having put a few thousand miles on it already, and am happy to answer any questions. I live in Denver, and Matt was outstanding to work with. I made a few visits to the shop beforehand to discuss our needs, and he worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. We customized our interior to have a bunk for our toddler above our feet instead of a shelf, and she loves it. She tells us she wants to "sleep in the camper" all the time. We just use a sheet and down comforter, and with the insulated walls we've been plenty warm in nights in the low 30's so far, usually with a window or the roof vent cracked to avoid condensation.

While I've never used any other trailers first hand, I did months and months of research, and I am confident in saying that the Boreas XT is one of the best thought-out offroad travel trailers on the market, and a great deal considering it includes the solar power setup, water tank and pump, foam mattress, slide out Dometic fridge, stove, and sink in the galley. It's all laid out intuitively, and everything feels extremely solid, no cheap components. It tows very smoothly, tracks well, and has handled some pretty rocky Colorado and Wyoming trails already this season without hesitation. Matt has also been great about post-sale support, answering texts and email questions right away, and adding a roof rack, ARB awning, and side room for us halfway through the season.

It's really transformed our summer, we just load up a few bags and hit the road, and we can comfortably dispersed camp anywhere our 4runner can take us. 100% recommended.

Last edited:

WildRig

Approved Vendor : Boreas Campers
Thanks Nick!! ITWO really appreciates your feedback and have truly enjoyed having you and your family as customers!!

Not to mention you seem to find the most killer campsites!!!

Matt
Into the Wild Overland
www.itwoverland.com
720-515-2762

WildRig

itwoverland.com

Was curious is anyone on expo had one of their trailers.

If so...

What are you thoughts on the build quality?
What are your likes/dislikes?
As a company how were they to deal with?

Interesting trailers.. I like the layout of the galley and the price point for what you get seems nice.

Mark.

Good morning Mark!

Thanks for your interest in the campers! Don't hesitate if you have any questions!

Matt
Into the Wild Overland
www.itwoverland.com
720-515-2762

MTBMark

Observer
Good morning Mark!

Thanks for your interest in the campers! Don't hesitate if you have any questions!

Matt
Into the Wild Overland
www.itwoverland.com
720-515-2762

Hey Matt, great to see you are on here. I sent of a email a couple of days ago with some questions and never got a response. Maybe you can take a look.

Thanks,
Mark.

Last edited:

MTBMark

Observer
Yup! It's been absolutely perfect for our family of 3 to explore off the grid in and around Colorado this summer. I'll give an overview of my thoughts having put a few thousand miles on it already, and am happy to answer any questions. I live in Denver, and Matt was outstanding to work with. I made a few visits to the shop beforehand to discuss our needs, and he worked with us to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. We customized our interior to have a bunk for our toddler above our feet instead of a shelf, and she loves it. She tells us she wants to "sleep in the camper" all the time. We just use a sheet and down comforter, and with the insulated walls we've been plenty warm in nights in the low 30's so far, usually with a window or the roof vent cracked to avoid condensation.

While I've never used any other trailers first hand, I did months and months of research, and I am confident in saying that the Boreas XT is one of the best thought-out offroad travel trailers on the market, and a great deal considering it includes the solar power setup, water tank and pump, foam mattress, slide out Dometic fridge, stove, and sink in the galley. It's all laid out intuitively, and everything feels extremely solid, no cheap components. It tows very smoothly, tracks well, and has handled some pretty rocky Colorado and Wyoming trails already this season without hesitation. Matt has also been great about post-sale support, answering texts and email questions right away, and adding a roof rack, ARB awning, and side room for us halfway through the season.

It's really transformed our summer, we just load up a few bags and hit the road, and we can comfortably dispersed camp anywhere our 4runner can take us. 100% recommended.

Thanks for taking the time to write this up. I really like how you described it transformed your summer allowing you to just grab a few bags and go. That's kind of what I'm after. If you don't mind, I do have a few questions.

Have you had any problems with the trailer?
Any issues with water getting into the trailer? I know from researching other trailers that some brands have had issues along those lines.
Where do you guys store things like Camp chairs/tables or firewood? I don't see a obvious location for items like that.
Do you find the 10 gallon water tank to be an issue?
How were they are giving you a accurate estimate on when it would be ready?
How long did you wait?

Thanks again,
Mark.

Diamond_D

Hi Mark,

Happy to answer, this site was incredibly helpful with my decision so I'm happy to pay it forward.

The only issues we've had were incredibly minor. The first is that the CO/Propane alarm started going off frequently once we unrolled the foam mattress in the cabin. I just pulled the fuse (dedicated only to the alarm so no other problems caused by pulling it) and that solved it :). The other was a small area of powdercoat that failed on a trim piece, I brought the trailer back to Matt for a few days and he had it re-done, no problems since.

Perfectly fine to get in to, I'm 5'11 and my wife 5'6. A little foldable stool from Walmart is perfect step height, and fits in the front storage box along with our Lynx leveling blocks, wheel chocks, and locking boot for when we leave the trailer alone at a campsite.

Camp chairs are in our 4Runner cargo area, and I have a GCI foldable camp table that I ratchet strap to the rear of the spare tire. Trasharoo on the front of the tire, with portable toilet and trash bags stored inside. For next year I will probably get a Frontrunner Monsoon Bag or other waterproof gear bag, and store those items on top of the camper roof rack. In the toolbox near the batter I also keep a 50 extension cord for shore power (should the need ever arise), hatchet, stakes for the awning, etc. So there is some storage room for all your smaller stuff.

10 gallons has been more than enough for us, and on longer trips I have a 5 gallon Reliance water carrier that I use for drinking water, and then the on-board water for cooking, cleaning, washing hands, etc.

I think it was a little over 2 months from order to pickup, but not positive. We signed the paperwork early in the year and knew we weren't going to use it until ~April or May, so we were never in a hurry. But it was nice to be able to get the trailer for this season, considering some of the bigger name builders were offering Fall 2017 or even 2018 build slots at the time!

Again I hope that helps, feel free to ask away, or PM me.

MTBMark

Observer
Hi Mark,

Happy to answer, this site was incredibly helpful with my decision so I'm happy to pay it forward.

The only issues we've had were incredibly minor. The first is that the CO/Propane alarm started going off frequently once we unrolled the foam mattress in the cabin. I just pulled the fuse (dedicated only to the alarm so no other problems caused by pulling it) and that solved it :). The other was a small area of powdercoat that failed on a trim piece, I brought the trailer back to Matt for a few days and he had it re-done, no problems since.

Perfectly fine to get in to, I'm 5'11 and my wife 5'6. A little foldable stool from Walmart is perfect step height, and fits in the front storage box along with our Lynx leveling blocks, wheel chocks, and locking boot for when we leave the trailer alone at a campsite.

Camp chairs are in our 4Runner cargo area, and I have a GCI foldable camp table that I ratchet strap to the rear of the spare tire. Trasharoo on the front of the tire, with portable toilet and trash bags stored inside. For next year I will probably get a Frontrunner Monsoon Bag or other waterproof gear bag, and store those items on top of the camper roof rack. In the toolbox near the batter I also keep a 50 extension cord for shore power (should the need ever arise), hatchet, stakes for the awning, etc. So there is some storage room for all your smaller stuff.

10 gallons has been more than enough for us, and on longer trips I have a 5 gallon Reliance water carrier that I use for drinking water, and then the on-board water for cooking, cleaning, washing hands, etc.

I think it was a little over 2 months from order to pickup, but not positive. We signed the paperwork early in the year and knew we weren't going to use it until ~April or May, so we were never in a hurry. But it was nice to be able to get the trailer for this season, considering some of the bigger name builders were offering Fall 2017 or even 2018 build slots at the time!

Again I hope that helps, feel free to ask away, or PM me.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

WildRig

Hey Matt, great to see you are on here. I sent of a email a couple of days ago with some questions and never got a response. Maybe you can take a look.

Thanks,
Mark.

Hey Mark! I apologize for not seeing that email!! Judging by those dates we were in the process of redoing our website and email provider. They must be lost in cyberspace.... I updated my notifications for the thread also.

Here is a link to our website which also has the option to send an email inquiry. You can email me directly at info@itwoverland.com and you can always give me a ring at 720-515-2762!

Thanks and happy trails!

Matt

WildRig

I gotta ask what is base price for one of these?

Howdy Haficon!

Our turn key model starts at $18,900. This comes fully outfitted with solar, water, propane, full kitchen, and timbren suspension. Our most common add ons are the forced air furnace, instant hot water shower, awning, and aluminum roof rack. This would put you in the 23-24 range.

We also have a bunch more info on our website at www.itwoverland.com and have our high end 2018 models in stock at a dealership in Denver . https://bb-rv.com/into-the-wild-overland/#opus

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles