1983 CJ8 in Colorado Springs

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
Hello all... been a lurker at this fantastic website for awhile, now a(nother) deployment to Iraq and recent discovery of first baby on the way has me putting out a feeler. Truck was purchased in Belton TX and trailered to COS as part of my last PCS.

Truck is also listed locally in COS/DEN on CL.

Not desperate to sell; if it doesn't move, I'll continue my resto-mod after Iraq. Not interested in low balls or brokers.

1983 CJ8. Stock drivertrain: 4.2L, T5, D300, AMC20 (widetrack) rear end.
Odometer shows 110k, but it was unhooked when I bought it so I suspect more.

What's good:
unmolested truck with straight, rust-free central TX body/frame.
MC2150 conversion: truck runs strong, smoke free, and starts right up every time.
New Painless harness (bumper to bumper) install complete.
New clutch/flywheel (less than 200 miles).
T5 rebuilt by Danny's Tranny's in Killeen TX (less than 200 miles)
New front rotors/pads, tie rod ends.
Superlift 2.5" lift install complete.
Five new LT (definitely not AT) tires (installed by PO).

Problems:
This truck is (a) NOT perfect and (b) NOT for those mechanically disinclined. It is definitely a work in progress and needs some love.
It's a jeep. It leaks at least one lubricant onto my garage floor. Enough to mark cardboard but not enough to scare me.
I'm still chasing down a few odds/ends with the wiring harness (ie: think I need a new light switch, oil pressure unit not sending, etc)
Needs a battery (I"ll provide to seller, but none in it at the moment).
I did alignment myself after lift install, it still needs the professional one done.

I will strive to answer any question or take any pics you need. The attached shots show it (the white one) right after I bought it, without any of the above mentioned work complete. (It's the white one...the green one is a shot of my lingering dream for it).

I have a bunch (of money and time) invested.. unfortunately I bought it when Scramblers were still going for outrageous prices. My 8000 asking price represents a sizeable loss to me...but I'd sell it to move it.

719-527-2626 or dkaley@hotmail.com

My wife has full POA so she can deal for me after I deploy.

thanks for looking, cheers.:beer:

02TahoeMD

Explorer
Quoth the Bushmaster: "It's the white one...the green one is a shot of my lingering dream for it" (second paragraph from the end of post)

If it were the khaki green one, it would be sold rather quickly I imagine. Then again, after getting it to that condition, one would be loathe to sell it.

Good luck on the sale Bushmaster.

greenhorn

Adventurer
metapoint said:
Is the far picture on the right what it looks like now, or just an example of what it could be?

Hey, I know that green scrambler. It was at the Toybox, in Holly Hill, which is right down the street from me. Probably just a wrong file upload.

Bushmaster6

Adventurer
sorry if it was confusing but

the Green one is NOT mine.. it's from the Toybox jeeps website, just the idea of how I want mine to be.. kinetic vs potential, as it were.

If anyone is interested I have a crap load of more pics (frame, bed, engine bay, footwells, etc). Send emails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles