No affiliation Doka 4X4 RV

kerry

Expedition Leader
That ad also makes the claim of 60+ mph. Hard to believe. The pictures clearly put the lie to the 'Sprinter engine' claim.

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
The original for sale ad by The Buddy Expedition says:

"Mercedes OM352 5.7 liter diesel"

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
I remember this truck from ages ago. It's pretty cool actually, but the inconsistencies in the ad give me pause. Either the owner doesn't know what he/she is talking about, or they do and are being deceptive. Neither bodes well...

Can anybody clarify what is going on with this thing? Is it just someone trying too hard to sell the truck?

kerry

Expedition Leader
I figure whoever bought it discovered that it's not an ideal truck for cruising North American highways.

porchacha

Boredom led me to log into this site for the first time in a few years. I checked the classifieds to see what kind of cool vehicles are for sale and here I've stumbled upon an old friend on the first page: Uma the 911 Doka.

Towards the end of 2014, I flew to TX on a one-way ticket with every intention of buying this old girl (from Dean - the Buddy Expedition) and driving it back to FL. I got cold feet and bought a plane ticket home. Ended up buying a Sprinter-based RV that my young family lived out of for most of 2015 as we wandered around the US. Anyhow, that CL ad and Youtube vid is a fishy. A total guess here, but I'm guessing someone bit off more than they could chew when they bought this thing (why not hook up the water pump to the sink before trying to sell it?) and are now trying to get rid of it. It looks cool as hell, for sure, but at the end of the day it is an old commercial truck with a homemade camper on the back. The two electrical systems are one big rats' nest as you can kind of see in the vid. No power steering is fun. I still like the idea of owning this, but know better than to take on what I believe would be a never-ending project.

kerry

Expedition Leader
The fact that he refers to it as a Unimog is fishy in and of itself. No mention that it lacks power steering. That might be an important issue for a lot of people given it's general prevalence on most any vehicle nowadays.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94