No affiliation Doka 4X4 RV

MotoMind

I don't think it sold, last ebay listing in a long series of reserve-not-met auction attempts ended with a no-bid auction of 16K. Sign in the window on CL ad shows a price of $58495.

MotoMind

Also the last listing from Jul 16, 2016 points people to the "expeditionelectric" site to learn more. I saw those guys at Overland Expo and their session was more sad than inspiring. They were campaigning some electric KTM 950s up in Alaska and trying to spin it into TV show. They had highly unrealistic expectations from the outset, terrible calculations (like, not factoring in wind resistance and elevation gains in estimating their range), seat of the pants outsourced engineering, and somehow not surprised to see this Doka associated with them.

Correction: Looks like they managed to unload it: expeditionelectric.***/mercedes-911-l-class-found-new-home/

kerry

Expedition Leader
Am I the only one skeptical about the 65mph claim? I met a German couple in a 911 in Chaco Canyon a few years ago. They said they drove at 45mph.

The Artisan

Adventurer
Am I the only one skeptical about the 65mph claim? I met a German couple in a 911 in Chaco Canyon a few years ago. They said they drove at 45mph.

My buddy said if it could without rattling apart he would not even take it over 50.
Kevin

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I'm confused, it is a 1978 911L but it has the same motor as a sprinter and goes 65mph?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior