2005 Unit#009 EarthRoamer For Sale

Racingdad

Adventurer
Now without Reserve Price, Will not be re-announced again, the highest bid wins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Earthr...ash=item3d48ea1000:g:9CEAAOSwDRxZtaCm&vxp=mtr

2005 Earthroamer unit #009 52,000 miles

Starting Bid is $49,000. No bids yet. Zero feedback on seller on eBay.

I PM'd seller with no response. I asked whether he would deliver it to the US Border. Still unclear history why vehicle was confiscated and no response from Plainsmuse regarding if he sold vehicle to someone in Mexico. There is an unclear reference to the Mexican Mafia on his for sale post. Too many questions. Maybe someone with more time and better connections than I have can safely bring this back to the USA without getting it confiscated again.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Now without Reserve Price, Will not be re-announced again, the highest bid wins.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Earthr...ash=item3d48ea1000:g:9CEAAOSwDRxZtaCm&vxp=mtr

2005 Earthroamer unit #009 52,000 miles

Starting Bid is $49,000. No bids yet. Zero feedback on seller on eBay.

I PM'd seller with no response. I asked whether he would deliver it to the US Border. Still unclear history why vehicle was confiscated and no response from Plainsmuse regarding if he sold vehicle to someone in Mexico. There is an unclear reference to the Mexican Mafia on his for sale post. Too many questions. Maybe someone with more time and better connections than I have can safely bring this back to the USA without getting it confiscated again.

Sure seems risky to pick up this vehicle and drive it 600 miles through Mexico, hoping to get it across the border. I can think of so many ways that could end badly - and if you actually make it across the border it may turn out that Plainsmuse is still considered the legal owner.

adam88

Explorer
Sure seems risky to pick up this vehicle and drive it 600 miles through Mexico, hoping to get it across the border. I can think of so many ways that could end badly - and if you actually make it across the border it may turn out that Plainsmuse is still considered the legal owner.

Agreed!!! Stay away from this one 100%.

Jdubucsd

Addicted to Espresso
Amazing vehicle unfortunate circumstances. My friends in Mexico even think yea anything could have happened ie risk etc can you imagine buying this and getting it seized from you on the drive home!!?

Racingdad

Adventurer
and if you actually make it across the border it may turn out that Plainsmuse is still considered the legal owner.

Exactly my thoughts! As tempting as this vehicle may be, that shadow hanging over the entire deal prevents me from considering any such purchase.

Racingdad

Adventurer
Amazing vehicle unfortunate circumstances. My friends in Mexico even think yea anything could have happened ie risk etc can you imagine buying this and getting it seized from you on the drive home!!?

Which is why I specifically asked the seller if he would deliver it to the border! No response to that question.

IronManMike

A smaller Earthroamer (Supercab / F450) would be a great fit for me and many other people. (On the East coast camping far away from water sources is just silly.)

I think the best thing that could happen for this vehicle would be for EarthRoamer as a company to obtain and flip it or work to offer it on consignment. They have the resources to deal with any legal, title issues, checking if the engine is already bulletproofed etc. There are also no Earthroamers they are currently offering used or through consignment on their website right now. (It seems like they always like to have at least one.)

I'd be able to make a serious offer on this vehicle if the circumstances around the sale were improved.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online