JB Owners

brentbba

Explorer
Ok, so a curious question for James Baroud owners. When I took delivery of mine straight out of the shipping box it had a very nice form fitting cover on it.

Anyone besides me use that cover to keep the sun, dirt, bird dung, etc. off the tent?

I obviously don't get a lot of rain here in SoCal so getting it soaking wet too often isn't a problem. Was this cover meant for shipping only as a protective cover or to really use as a cover? It's not tight enough to have on while driving, but at least for now, it's a great cover for when the truck sits...outside.

shoredreamer

Observer
I think I was too excited unwrapping the tent I don't even know if there was a cover lol. A cover would be nice though. Maybe I'll find a Smart Car or Mini car cover to use!

brentbba

Explorer
I think it was meant for storing the tent when not in use and off the vehicle.

This is probably as close to correct as can be! I don't think its meant for outside use, but we'll see how long it lasts.

I've got a lot of huge eucalyptus trees on my street and they make an unholy mess of the vehicles we park on the street so I'll be using this cover as long as it'll last, then may consider visiting a local sail maker or the like down at the harbor to have a cover that I might be able to leave on while driving someday in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94