Hummer tires?

Umbrarian

Observer
Does anyone know whether Hummer tires are available world wide?

j

Which Hummer? Which Size? What does available mean? The final year H1 Adventure Package was 37.50x12.50x17 Goodyear MT/R and is a standard size. They can be delivered almost anywhere in world, but I am sure there some places they are not in stock. Even when I ordered them here in DFW it was next day at Discount Tire I went to.

1aquaholic

Adventurer
Sorry the 16.5s

I plan on central/south America Africa and Asia. Trying to find a option for a Fuso that is easily available around the world. Shipping could be cost prohibitive in some places.

Finding anything in a 16.5 option will be tough. If needed, I'm taking off some 35in BFG all-terrains from my Excursion because their 16.5in wheels. Only have about 5-10kmi on them. Were on the rig when I bought them and will be going back to the factory wheels once I find a decent set. Hell, I'd trade straight across for just a good set of 16in wheels!

rickc

Adventurer
The question is too vague but it would be my bet that the answer is not in the 3rd world. if you are looking for 16.5" x 37" then these are really hard to find, definitely not off-the-shelf items and expensive too. I used to run TrXus MT 37x12.5R16 LT tires on my Hummer and loved them. The availability issue is why most Hummer owners with 16.5" rims got rid of them for 17" ones; so much more choice. There are (or at least were) lots of ex military tires available but they are almost always 35" not 37" so watch out; you don't want to have mixed diameters. Again, these tires are probably not available in 3rd world locations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles