12V 80qt Fridge/Freezer & Slide for Sale - Michigan

whitenoise

Adventurer
I am selling my upgraded 80-qt Edgestar 12v Fridge/Freezer. It's always been turned off and stored inside my house, and only mounted/switched on during a trip. Since brand new, I estimate usage to be about 20 days in the vehicle, and about 15 days in my house as a supplementary fridge.

Reason for selling is, we don't need a fridge this big anymore, with our daughter no longer an infant, and me switching away from beer to drinks that don't need refrigeration :sombrero:.

I have made several improvements to it, which you can take advantage of simply by buying this from me :sombrero::

1) Slide Mount - I fabricated this using 6061-T6 aluminum and 36" ball bearing slides. It fits a 100 series Land Cruiser / LX470 using the 3rd row seat bolts, for other vehicles you need to modify it to fit. These slides are high quality and rugged, and total weight <20lbs.

IMG_20150511_171725566.jpg IMG_20150508_160534381_HDR.jpg

2) Billet Tie-down / Handle Plates (original plastic handles included) - I milled these from 6061 billet aluminum. They were designed to mount new handles and bolt plates for the 1" cam buckle tiedowns.

upload_-1.jpg upload_-1 (1).jpg

3. Stainless Steel Hinges (original plastic hinges included) - Bought and installed these from http://ambientstores.com/whynter-fm-metal-freezer-hinge-part/

4. Electrical Upgrades - The original power cord was crap so I made a new one from heavy duty outdoor cabling and added an Anderson SB connector. Also added a battery monitor in-line that records power draw, battery voltage, total Ah, etc.

upload_-1 (2).jpg

5. Interior Basket - Added a rubbermaid freezer tray to make the space inside more usable and efficient. Works great!

IMG_20170508_190958.jpg

Specs from the Manufacturer: https://www.edgestar.com/edgestar-portable-86-qt-freezer-transit-bag/FP861.html

If you bought a similar fridge it would still take you lots of time/$$$ to make all the extras... So I think given the low usage and all of the extras, my asking price of $425 is EXTREMELY reasonable.

I would like to sell locally, shipping would just be a pain.

Thanks for looking!

whitenoise

Adventurer
Sorry, I don't want to separate the fridge and slide unless they're picked up locally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

tmo2460

Observer
Dang, I wish I was a little closer. If this was one of the smaller models I'd consider making the drive for it. Any chance you'll be in western NY anytime soon? Nice work and GLWS.

whitenoise

Adventurer
Thanks! Personal experience has been that you're better off buying the big one cause you and the better half will always find ways to fill it to the brim! FYI this fridge has the same footprint as the smaller 60qt model, only height is 2-3" more. No trip to NY coming up unfortunately...

El Matador

Oh man, wanna come to Texas? Lol. Great deal for someone local to you. I'd be all over it in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whitenoise

Adventurer
What's the power draw once it's cooled down?

On a recent trip I logged the average amp draw over a period of 63 hours, with normal usage (opening and closing a few times for every meal). The average is about 1.2 Amps per hour draw. The ambient was mid to high 80s during the day and high 60s to low 70s overnight. With a 100Ah battery, I could run the fridge for 36 hours, after which the battery was at 12.1V but the vehicle had no problems starting. I run a single-battery setup with a XP10 MicroStart as backup...

I have also observed that with a fair bit of pre-frozen food inside, but the fridge still set at 37 degrees as always, the amp draw is considerably lower...I estimate that might be enough for run it for a full 48 hours before battery hits critical SoC...

I know youd prefer looc al sale, but would you ship it?

If I had no other option, I would....currently it isn't worth my time to do that.

Last edited:

PabloVTA

Observer
man, that's a killer set up.
could you post a picture of the holes? wondering if it'll fit my 80 series third row seat holes?
which town are you near? might need a relative to come by and get that set up for me and ship it out west.

thanks for the info.

whitenoise

Adventurer
I'm located in Detroit northern suburbs. It uses two J-bolts to hold itself down to the driver's side 3rd row seat mounts... the two on the left side shown in the pic below. I can get the spacing between those mounts on the 100 if you'd like...

dsc_8509-blog1.jpg

Last edited:

RC413

Observer
Sorry if I missed it, how old is the unit? I'll be in MI from the 8th to the 13th. Might have to grab this...

Thanks Ross

whitenoise

Adventurer
Sorry if I missed it, how old is the unit? I'll be in MI from the 8th to the 13th. Might have to grab this...

Thanks Ross
It was purchased in March 2015 but the usage has been a total of about 35 days & nights (only installed during trips, and used on a couple of occasions when our home fridge was too full).

alia176

Explorer
I don't have anything to add except NO don't sell it!! :) These things are so freaking handy and you need to return to drinking beer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles