Serviceable Fuel Filter

tenoverthenose

What is everyone using for a serviceable (something that I can clean in the field) fuel filter on their rigs? Right now I have a fuel filter just before my carb and I want to put an additional one in just before my electric fuel pump. Any suggestions?

FST fuel filters. Excellent at trapping water from Ethanol based fuels. All gasoline in U.S. can contain up to 10% Ethanol and still be labeled pure gas. FST is a spin on cartridge like oil filter. You can remove them and pour out any captured water and reuse. These are the same filters used by Mecury marine just relabeled for Mecury.

comptiger5000

Adventurer
Ethanol fuel shouldn't really have much need to filter out water. Unless you get enough water in there to cause separation (at which point the fuel becomes junk for the most part), the water just gets soaked up and harmlessly passed through. It's basically the same thing as the "drygas" additives people used to use in the winter. Non-ethanol gas will let water accumulate though, rather than it being absorbed into the fuel (so having a water separator filter is still a good idea if you travel to areas with potentially sketchy fuel).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz