Need to stock a campmate

gps4

Scored a campmate a while back. Planning a weekend camping trip and want to stock it up just right. So far, I've got a two burner stove, fuel canister, double sided griddle, cutting board, aluminum grease pot (for boiling water),paper plates, plastic flatware, zip locks bags, tongs, spatula, can opener, hot chocolate.

What else should I stow in there?

Thanks in advance.

Gobuzz

Scored a campmate a while back. Planning a weekend camping trip and want to stock it up just right. So far, I've got a two burner stove, fuel canister, double sided griddle, cutting board, aluminum grease pot (for boiling water),paper plates, plastic flatware, zip locks bags, tongs, spatula, can opener, hot chocolate.

What else should I stow in there?

Thanks in advance.

As an alternate thought, I don't take paper plates and disposable flatware. (Trying to keep things out of the landfill.) Lots of times you can find dishes and utensils at yard sales and estate sales for low prices. Less trash and a lot more fun to eat off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Most of my "consumables" go in the "dry goods" box. That said, my chuckbox does get stocked with a set of basics so that it's easy to have certain things ready to go without needing to get into the drygoods box. In addition to the things you've listed, I also include:

Coffee kit (Aeropress, tools, ground coffee), plus tea bags
Salt, Pepper, Basic Spices
Aluminum foil
Small Trash bags (the plastic grocery bags, though no longer available in CA, so I'll have to find a replacement)
Wine Glasses (GSI Stemless polycarb)

My "utensils tray" also includes a few more tools:
Whisk
Small/flat cheese grater
Vegetable peeler
Chopsticks
Bread knife, Chef's knife (w/ covers)
Silicone Food scraper (this is HUGE for saving water while cleaning up)

In the past, we have NOT used Paper plates. However, as we are often dry-camping (in the desert, no less), we may start using them just to cut down on the water needed for cleanup. We'll probably still carry the plastic plates to use as "support" and just line them with paper.

Plan your meals first, then you will know what you will need and are missing. No reason to pack a chuck box with stuff you will not use for the trip.

Kerensky97

Xterra101
I like to have a Nalgene Bottle I can fill and seal to keep water close so I don't always have to manhandle my 3 gallon water jug. I can have it next to my stove and teapot when I goto bed so All the stuff for morning coffee is already at hand.
I also love these folding cooking tongs so you don't have to deal with big giant grill tongs. http://amzn.to/2xe7Ii2

And I keep basic spices (salt, Pepper, etc) in the chuckbox so I don't have to load and unload them from my food bin after every camping trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles