VIDEO LAND ROVERS EXPEDITION TO THE BALKANS

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Title suggestions:
"Rich people with poor taste flaunt vacation while destroying natural landscapes."
or
"Extreme explorers get lame village people to buy Defenders by spreading "One life - live it" message one sticker at a time."

MFpQRC.jpg

Last edited:

albertdefender

Adventurer
Title suggestions:
"Rich people with poor taste flaunt vacation while destroying natural landscapes."
or
"Extreme explorers get lame village people to buy Defenders by spreading "One life - live it" message one sticker at a time."

MFpQRC.jpg

Hi, I agree with you, but just for your information I followed the right path, but my friend followed some ruts that he saw. We respect the nature . But, again, yes the correct way was not this one.

mpinco

Expedition Leader
Thanks Albert. Always enjoyed your journeys and videos. I suspect it takes significant effort to choreograph them.

Eric - "Rich people with poor taste flaunt vacation" - Land Rovers are like Jeeps in the EU. I wouldn't characterized them as for "rich people". I've taken similar 'vacations' and not once felt I was imposing on 'lame' village people. Made a lot of friends on those trips. You know, the "deplorables".

EricTyrrell

Expo God
Thanks Albert. Always enjoyed your journeys and videos. I suspect it takes significant effort to choreograph them.

Eric - "Rich people with poor taste flaunt vacation" - Land Rovers are like Jeeps in the EU. I wouldn't characterized them as for "rich people". I've taken similar 'vacations' and not once felt I was imposing on 'lame' village people. Made a lot of friends on those trips. You know, the "deplorables".

One life, live it is a bull**** marketing line meant to get us to buy Land Rovers. We're supposed to realize that, not regurgitate it upon people who don't give a damn about our "roam the world" life philosophy stolen from a British car manufacturer, that frankly is impossible for all the but most highly privileged on earth who are on seemingly perpetual vacation as evidenced by the countless capslock titled video of extreme exploration. I also take issue with the tacky driving billboard covered in graphics, stickers, and useless Tomb Raider natural rope, tube bumper, and exocage that reinforces the general lack of taste. Guess I better shut up before I get banned for keeping it too real.

Last edited:

MLu

Adventurer
Is Albert's defender a bit over the top as far as looks go? Sure. Is it annoying with all-caps video titles? Sure, whatever. Stay on the trails? Yea, do that.

Pretty much everyone on this forum is among the most highly privileged people in the world, so perhaps get off your high horse. Besides, Defenders are not quite as special on this side of the pond as they are over in the colonies... the ones with exocages are usually the ones that don't have a single straight body panel left.

[EDIT] Great video, it's the best one yet!

Last edited:

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Great video! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.

Not sure why the hate? I saw nothing that would justify the rant about One Life, Live It, rich people, lame villagers. Awesome that you are living a life where you can afford to do something like this. I wish you continued blessings to keep doing this!

Tembo

topless adventures
Yep, cool video and enjoyed it...like all the others you have done. The 110's looked great. I actually remember driving one of those roads I am pretty sure in 1992 in a military convoy as my unit was sent from Croatia to Sarajevo to reopen the airport. Always thought it was a truly spectacular area. I think someone put on their angry wig before posting above, but life's to short to bother with that sort. I look forward to seeing more videos in the future!

SteveMfr

Supporting Sponsor
One life, live it is a bull**** marketing line meant to get us to buy Land Rovers. We're supposed to realize that, not regurgitate it upon people who don't give a damn about our "roam the world" life philosophy stolen from a British car manufacturer, that frankly is impossible for all the but most highly privileged on earth who are on seemingly perpetual vacation as evidenced by the countless capslock titled video of extreme exploration. I also take issue with the tacky driving billboard covered in graphics, stickers, and useless Tomb Raider natural rope, tube bumper, and exocage that reinforces the general lack of taste. Guess I better shut up before I get banned for keeping it too real.
Are you 5'2" and 88lbs? Are you compensating for something?

Last edited:

albertdefender

Adventurer

Hi mpinco. You're welcome and thanks for your interest in my videos. Yes you're right it's a hard work editing and filming..

Cheers

Albert

I love the videos and always look forward to seeing LR in their natural element.

I wouldn't take any of the angry rant stuff to heart; its actually a very uneducated statement. Quite comical actually considering that a Series I, II, III and D90, D110 were dirt cheap off the production line and the first real farm truck for European blue collar families. Built for adventure and workload, more like a farm tractor than a rich persons bling wagon we American's turned it into. Sure, they are much more expensive now than what they were originally designed and coming off the production line. Back then, the Series and D90 and D110 were the global pioneers for utility vehicles, but rich mans yuppy wagon it surely was not to most the off world who bought them and kept them on the roads for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Can't wait to slap my new "One Life, Live Aloha" stickers on my LR3. Its my play for LR Hawaii style.

Rover on my friend, Rover on! :smiley_drive:

kcabpilot

Observer
Great video, I enjoyed it very much. I can see a lot of effort went into recording and composing it. As for the negative comments - where is that coming from? Why? I don't get it at all. That guy has some real issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles