Toyo/Nitto putting out "F" 12ply rates offroad tires

mspenc45

So I am picking up our new Truck Camper, the Arctic Fox 811. It's heavy, but meets our needs. Stock wheels and tires on our 2007 Ram 2500 4x4 are the limiting factory, not the GAWR. A lot of folks are going to 19.5" rims and medium commercial tires, load range G or H. I am concerned about this and considering the 18" wheels with the NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER LT305/65R-18 Load range F, and 3970 pound capability. Just not sure if this makes more sense than commercial wheels and tire. A con of going with 19.5 is that these tires to not have safety beads, and running lower on pressure can cause the bead to unseat. Without the camper on the truck, seems to me commercial tires would be way too stiff. The pro of commercial load range G or H is that they are readily available in the size I'd go with, 245/65-R19.5 where as the load range F LT tires are few and far between in a size that fits me. In this case, the LT305/65R-18, and even this is a little larger in diameter than I need. Decisions, decisions!

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Method sales a wheel that is HD and has a load rating that goes well with this F rated tire. Makes a great combo.

mspenc45

Thanks! I saw those. I use the Method NV 305 wheels on my JKU and expedition trailer I built. Love them! They would look nice on my truck, especially when pulling my expedition trailer. The Heavy Duty version only comes in specific 8 bolt patterns, the standard 18", 8x6.5 pattern my truck takes are good to 3600lbs, 3600 x 4 = 14,400lbs and my GAWR is only 11,200, so these would work, along with the NITTO RIDGE GRAPPLER LT305/65R-18 Load range F, and 3970lb limit. Just not sure if this tire's LT construction and belting would offer stiff enough ride at 80PSI to help limit sway caused by tires? IN a normal loading situation I believe they would, but truck campers have high CG's and this aggravates the condition. I believe that's why many truck campers go to the 19.5 wheels and medium duty commercial load range G or H tires. My neighbor just went with the Nitto's and he likes them, but he added a heavy duty sway bar at the same time, so it's hard to know which or what effect each had on sway.Side Shot.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94