Buyer Beware - Flipped Sportsmobile for Sale

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
I emailed the seller asking for current mileage based on GPS. No word yet...flipping and making some money is ok but this guy is greedy.

You say the seller/flipper is greedy, some would say smart business. Point - If a buyer looks at it and loves and low balls the seller at 40K and the seller takes it the buyer tells everyone he talks with on how it low balled the seller and he took it. I call it a good deal for all.

The Toy Guy

Observer
Having internet ADD, I thought this was a "rolled" sportsmobile, clicked through to the pics and thought they did a heck of good job repairing it.

What a let down. Much ado about nothing.

You think that's serious internet ADHD? I came here thinking it was a van used on the set of that TV series and I thought it was signed by the Dolphin itself. Can you imagine MY disappointment?

lqhikers

Adventurer
word to whiners

Why would anyone care what someone sold something for
or what someone bought it for.

Some people are just happy to dispose of something that brings back good/bad memories.

Example i sold a custom Provan 4x4 at a very low price, why? because at the time we had
personal reasons to sell.
The person we sold it to within less than a year sold it for quite a bit more than we sold it for.

Does it bother me ? not at all as i have never been bothered by what i spent or how much i lost
on a "toy", that is all a recreational vehicle is.

If you live long enough i promise you will remember a car, truck,motorcycle that if you had
kept would be worth enough to put your kids through college!

In my case it was a well kept Mercedes gull wing coupe that i passed on for $14,000.
shows how old i am!

Just my thoughts, yours may differ.

Les,lqhikers

Last edited:

calicamper

Expedition Leader
The flipper thing has gotten really bad especially in CA and people wise to it don't even take a second glance. It's a huge issue with dogs yes dogs! Pick up a pound mut for $25 post that you have a pure bred something and ask $500 its so common I can find 10 any day of the week. The lipstick on a pig flipped house bought at auction crappy paint job list it for 300k more a month later yea no...

So there are lots of people that hate it when they see this sort of thing but vehicles are kinda fair game.

The Artisan

Adventurer
I think the issue is really the internet and the information that is stored on items. Even in today's world look at the house flipping shows. They basically tell you what they have in it and what they make at the end. I guarantee you people in the past have made good money on flips the only difference is, there was no digital record. Personally if I was going to flip that for more money I would spend money on a OK paint job and do new interior, at least it would be different.
Kevin

86scotty

Cynic
I pray to God that my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it when I'm gone....

Ha! No doubt.

UPDATE on the FLIPPER ALERT

The OP here has gone to the trouble to post his flipper alert angst on the Craigslist page where this van is listed, SLO Craigslist. You can find it there if it hasn't been flagged yet. Please join me in flagging it. It's a damn free trade economy we live in, isn't it? I think he's gone too far with his jealousy.

OP, get over yourself and move on. There will be another tomorrow and I hope it's me, and secretly you hope it's you.

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/re-1997-sportsmobile-ford/6305992709.html

ripperj

Explorer
OP- personal problem with this seller? Three total expo posts? ****** ,don't bring your crap to this forum, we have enough of our own :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Ha! No doubt.

UPDATE on the FLIPPER ALERT

The OP here has gone to the trouble to post his flipper alert angst on the Craigslist page where this van is listed, SLO Craigslist. You can find it there if it hasn't been flagged yet. Please join me in flagging it. It's a damn free trade economy we live in, isn't it? I think he's gone too far with his jealousy.

OP, get over yourself and move on. There will be another tomorrow and I hope it's me, and secretly you hope it's you.

https://slo.craigslist.org/cto/d/re-1997-sportsmobile-ford/6305992709.html

He included a link to this thread...
...where just about everyone calls him a ********.

The InformationSuperInterwebsHighwayNet is so very entertaining. :)

I say don't flag it. Let him shoot himself in the foot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94