WTB Scepter fuel cans

Rakkasan187

Hey guys. Im looking to buy 2 Scepter mil fuel cans. I understand these are hard to come by and it seems that a lot of people are looking for them, but I figured it can't hurt to ask. Id also be interested in one or two water cans as well. Thanks again.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
If you want new ones you pretty much have to go to Canada. Used (military surplus) ones can usually be had on eBay for maybe $80-100 each. Folks sell them here as well, but been a while since I've seen any posts though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
They are worth the money because they don't smell. The flanges and gaskets cause problems but for a hundred bucks you can fix 3 or 4 of them and you do need a spare flange on hand. I could use a couple more after you get dibs. Here is my pile.

image.jpg

pugslyyy

They are worth the money because they don't smell. The flanges and gaskets cause problems but for a hundred bucks you can fix 3 or 4 of them and you do need a spare flange on hand. I could use a couple more after you get dibs. Here is my pile.

View attachment 417888

I bought 5 brand new ones + 2 spouts when I was in Canada this summer from DS Tactical for less than $300. Wish you could buy new ones here in the US.

Rakkasan187

I saw some on eBay and couldn't believe the price on them. I wish I would have know the value of these when I was in the mil. We had these things all over the place. Lol.

pugslyyy

I saw some on eBay and couldn't believe the price on them. I wish I would have know the value of these when I was in the mil. We had these things all over the place. Lol.

Sometimes they will show up at flea markets, etc if you keep your eyes open. There's always a couple on ebay but as you say they aren't cheap. Even though you cannot buy the fuel ones from Canada (legally), it may be worth it to buy the water cans and accessories from Canada - it is just so much cheaper.

Matt.H

Adventurer
Sometimes they will show up at flea markets, etc if you keep your eyes open. There's always a couple on ebay but as you say they aren't cheap. Even though you cannot buy the fuel ones from Canada (legally), it may be worth it to buy the water cans and accessories from Canada - it is just so much cheaper.

The consumer, you, can buy them from anyone who will sell them to you. In the US they can not be sold by a Business. There are even more stringent laws in place in certain states. The law primarily states what businesses can and can not do.
This has been discussed here on ExPo for years and we have yet to find a federal statute that states we, as consumers, can not have them, (in the US).

sdnative

Adventurer
I used to see military surplus cans for sale all the time but I can't find the listings right now. Keep checking here, ih8mud.com and so cal area Craigslist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles