2017 F150 Exploration/Tow Build

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
For your intended purpose I would go with the Bilstein 6112.

I personally wouldn't trust aluminum bodied coilovers (Fox 2.0)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.. Decisions decisions

Awesome build...love the new 2017 F150's. The EB really rips with the 10 speed.

Just replied to your PM...sorry you've had trouble reaching us. Things have been hectic.

Anyhow, I personally would choose the bigger shocks with the resi's unless you're 100% sure you won't want them down the road. Last thing you want to do is buy something twice.

I just traded in my 2017 this weekend for a 250 and swapped out my Icon 2.5's with cdcv adjusters with the stockers. Selling them for $700 if you're interested...only have 2,000ish miles. They go for $1300 new. I went with the cdc adjusters for the rear so I could firm them up when towing. Like Trophycummins said not really needed for the front.

Let me know if you're interested...I can get you 20% off a set of the matching fronts as well.

Oh. well that is intriguing... I'm interested in the fronts for sure, backs not sure, I may just go with a fox shock...

What are your thoughts on those 2.5" Bilsteins?

Big50

Adventurer
Hmm.. Decisions decisions

Oh. well that is intriguing... I'm interested in the fronts for sure, backs not sure, I may just go with a fox shock...

What are your thoughts on those 2.5" Bilsteins?

I'd recommend getting something for the rear as well. If anything the rear should be addressed first IMO. The front already performs better in regards to comfort due to it being IFS. That's what I tell Raptor guys. You could certainly start with the front and see what you want to do but you'd be surprised how much a good set of rear shocks will improve the overall ride quality off-road.

I have no experience with Bilsteins but one of our crew had them on his Tahoe and loved them. Being a 2.5 they will certainly be better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Thanks for the kind words and advice, guys!

On another note, I ordered the start of my aux lighting, a 25.5" NightRider LED bar. It's way, way overbuilt for use on a half ton, but whatever! It's the brand that the majority of heavy equipment and logging guys use on their equipment and hauling trucks up here. I first saw one on a buddy's skidder, and and they take a LOT of abuse. 10,000 Lumens.

http://www.nightriderleds.com/bars/nlp/nlp255/nlpbar.html

And some pics stolen from their instagram;

21369532_1721446337918415_2496767978630874641_n.jpg

21192915_1713123528750696_4822823697872752274_n.jpg

20841057_1937301563177552_4768842643630651442_n.jpg

She showed up! Wired it into my high beams, with a switch to shut the whole system down.

UWp7sF8.png

wNjxZEU.jpg

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
That's just kind of where it fit and looked good.

Good point, however, we'll see just how tough these things are!

In hindsight, probably not the best place lol

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Holy luminosity Batman! :beer:
I like it! :)
It is low, and doesn't cause any unwanted shadows.

That thing should vaporize any moose who wanders in front of you. :victory:

tnudra01

Have you decided on the front level/lift? I just got a 2017 F150 about a month ago and trying to decide the route I want to go. I was looking at 2.25" front with 5100s set at 0" and 5100s in the rear. TIA

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Went and did a bit of exploring today, this was a smooth FSR last year, until we had record spring runoff flooding that destroyed like 60% of govt. maintained fire roads.

This is the aftermath:

LGWa7yU.jpg

This was during the flooding:

DqCmMHu.jpg

Literally this was an active haul road a lowered Mustang could traverse last year (these are from ~may)

7NTs66K.jpg

GxyDB7H.jpg

Ee8Kgyg.jpg

Last edited:

McCarthy

Is it riding season yet?
Oh it's a ton of fun until the side by side starts sinking into a bottomless pit... Almost lost the machine that day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles