Move Bumpers

Wrap Dude

Getting ready to pull the trigger and order 2 bumpers for my E350. Anybody have these bumpers ? How's the fitment, etc ?

86scotty

Cynic
I'd say the fitment is as good as whoever does the welding. I thought about these for awhile but can't seem to get sold on the newer style bumpers like this and Iron Cross.

That said, the classic rear and classic 2.5 prerunner front look pretty nice!

Post pics please if you do this.

Village Idiot
I was just looking at them the other day.

I'd love to see how they turn out too.

BaseCamp

Observer
I think thats the miller multimatic 215, which has mig and scratch start tig. The millermatic 211 however is a phenomenal piece of equipment, I purchased one to replace my hobart 140 when I did my SOA w/ cut and turn on my fj60, and I cannot say enough good things about the 211. These move bumpers look pretty good, my concern would be the 3/16". I always use 1/4" for the winch plate then 3/16 for the wings, but the entire thing made of 3/16" could be a little underbuilt, especially for such a large/heavy vehicle. I still think ujoint's bumper is the best looking one out there for a ford van, excited to see the '08+ bumper.

BaseCamp

Observer
Just noticed you can do an "offroad" upgrade which changes some areas to 1/4". Not too bad for the price!

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
New bumper, 65lbs, all Aluminum. More specs in our build thread.

21751431_1681632828522605_5011986334618576666_n.jpg

Wrap Dude

Thanks guys for the replies, and the link. I'm gonna call them Monday and get the front and rear ordered. Ordered my Fiberglass and 6" kit from Jeremy @Weldtec today. Scheduled 10 days off mid-October for a Thrash, to be Ready for the Baja 1000. Build Thread starting in a few weeks. Totally Stoked !!

sakurama

Adventurer
Thanks guys for the replies, and the link. I'm gonna call them Monday and get the front and rear ordered. Ordered my Fiberglass and 6" kit from Jeremy @Weldtec today. Scheduled 10 days off mid-October for a Thrash, to be Ready for the Baja 1000. Build Thread starting in a few weeks. Totally Stoked !!

Curious if you got the bumpers. I've been thinking of this for a while as a way of making a bumper and then fabricating a rear tire mount as part of the process.

Keep us up to date.

Gregor

java

Expedition Leader
In really like the concept of the Move bumpers, but they all look like fat lips....

I love the Miller 211 FWIW.

Cummins_expo

Adventurer
I looked at these for my 3rd gen Dodge- But after some reviews, I decided to go a different direction. These are a great affordable option to change the look of your rig, but if you really start to use them they don't hold up.

flightcancled

Explorer
I just wish there was an easy DIY option for dual swing-outs as well. My rig came with Iron Cross bumpers front and rear. Looks like the Aluminess swing outs which bolt to the frame and go around the stock bumper won't work with most of these aftermarket options. They sit too high to the doors to clear or fit as manufactured.

Selling a perfectly good bumper and then paying $2500 + Shipping is a tough pill to swallow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne