M416 Expedition Trailer For Sale

RoamingHuskyDad

**SOLD**
1966 M416 expedition trailer for sale.
Price: $3800

Backstory: I purchased this trailer and had grandiose plans to modify it even more and planned to use it as my base camp setup for when I travel. After purchasing it, I used it all of 2 times before parking it in the garage for several months. During the time the trailer sat idle, I completely changed all of my plans and sold my previous vehicle platform and placed an order for a new truck. I've since built that truck and turned the bed of the truck into everything that this trailer was supposed to become for me. Rather than keeping it sitting around unused, I'd like to find it a more fitting home.

The platform: 1966 M416 Trailer, titled (owned free-and-clear) and registered in TX. The metal has been replaced with heavier gauge steel, both in the tub and the fenders. Locking tailgate has been added. Axle has been upgraded to heavier duty and it is hubbed for 6-lug wheels (currently running Toyota 17" steelies w/ 285/70R17 BFG M/Ts) and sitting on multi-leaf springs. The trailer is currently setup with a rooftop tent platform that raises when parked and lowers for driving - it is a manual lift setup with gas strut assist and includes a locking bar which bolts into place once erect. It also has an awning mount which is raised once parked and lowers for travel. On the bottom of the tent platform is locking storage to stow the included camp table. The trailer also has a plywood L-shaped table with "sink" cutout which mounts to the driver's side of the trailer - I had future plans of crafting a more substantial custom table in the future but never got around to it. The rear has a swing-out arm with a Pelican case attached which acts as the kitchen - inside is a slide-out drawer with a two-burner stove mounted to it. The rear case is also the mounting point with lighting for the license plate. Underneath the tub and in front of the axle is a 15-gallon water tank with a burpless fill point located on the driver's side fender - the tank is protected by a heavy-duty skid plate. The water pump housing is on the passenger side fender inside a converted ammo case. On the front of the trailer is another Pelican case which houses the water heater, propane fitting and shower hose. Battery and switches for the awning lighting are housed in a battery box at the front of the trailer above the tongue. A double Jerry can mount with one gas can and one water can is mounted to the front driver's side of the trailer. The trailer tongue is extremely strong and extended for better backing and towing ability and includes a custom-made multi-point articulating hitch similar in design to a max-coupler. I have also added 3 side-wind square 5k lb. Fulton swivel trailer jacks - one on the tongue and one on each rear corner for maximum strength and stability when setup. Each is removable, though I just rotate the front jack 90 degrees and keep it attached to the tongue when traveling. Finally, given the unique setup of the tongue/hitch, the trailer comes with a tongue stand for storage which allows the trailer to slope backward slightly to allow drainage should the tub get any moisture in it.

Included: camping table, custom hitch, Jerry cans, awning, LED awning-mounted lights, water pump and heater, side-mount L-shaped table, stove, tongue stand.

I currently have a Tepui Autana (non-sky version) with annex, moisture barrier and extra foam pad setup on the trailer - I'm not including it in the sales price as I use it on my truck and I love the tent. It's in excellent condition and I will consider including it with the trailer for an extra $1k should the buyer need/want a tent and not want to have to pay full price for a new one, which would bring the total to $4800.

I am absolutely in no rush to sell the setup, I would just rather see it go to a good home where it will do more than sit in a garage. Should that person not come along, I'll eventually get around to continuing the build as originally planned. If serious, feel free to inquire and I'll do my best to answer any questions and take any other photos that may be needed. I'm not interested in trades as I already have the setup I need and far too many projects to keep up with. The asking price is firm.

Thanks for looking and as always, get out there!

Pictures:

Last edited:

closin1

very interested in your trailer any chance you would be willing to drive east some with it and meet I'm in meridian ms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles