Lifting a Wj.. The right way

Startliving

If you aren't into Rockcrawling I think you will be fine no matter what you get, the WJ is a fine platform with its solid axles. My WJ is a V8 (not HO), with the 242 T-case and no Quadradrive. I actually prefer the 242 t-case because of the options. I ran my WJ on 31" tires on some tough trails in Moab and Colorado, to include Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider, and Moab Rim. I only had to pull winch cable on Moab Rim.

-Aaron
Yeah, I think I'm just getting parts fever, I know what I'm getting is probably an overkill for what Ill need, but it's always on the back of my mind that... "But what if?" And that "it's better to have it and don't need it, that to need it and not have it"

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

BCobe

Adventurer
I had 15" steelies on my old WJ. They will fit, just do hammer weights BUT I would find some used ALLOY JK take-offs. Less weight that your drive train will need to push.

May have already answered this but why not look at something like a Claytons long arm? Gives you the potential to run a JK 44 up front if you ever decide to do a swap. Also, personal opinion incoming, I would not want a Spartan (or any lunch box locker) on anything I plan to drive for a long period of time. If I still had/redid my old WJ, I would have found a JK Dana 44 and swapped that it in the rear.

FWIW my 6.5 IRO L/A WJ rode awesome. It was my DD and I never regretted that lift in terms of ride quality.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz